Agnostic.com

9 11

"A Volcano of Bullshit" - Trump doubles down on his lies on CNN.

Coup-attempting former President Donald Trump doubled down Wednesday on his lies about the 2020 election and his actions during the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the Capitol and claimed, again, that his vice president had done “something wrong” by not declaring Trump the winner of the election he had lost.

“That was a rigged election,” Trump lied, barely two minutes into a “town hall” hosted for him by CNN.

“If you look at what happened in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, if you look at what happened in Detroit, Michigan, if you look at what happened in Atlanta, millions of votes, and all you have to do is take a look at government cameras,” Trump said, repeating yet again the same falsehoods that ginned up his followers into attacking the Capitol. “You will see them, people going to 28 different voting booths to vote, to put in seven ballots apiece. I mean, and they’re all on camera.”

Responding to a question about why he waited three hours before telling his mob of followers to stop attacking the Capitol, Trump falsely claimed he had done so soon after 2 p.m.

In reality, that taped video message was not released until 4:17 p.m. — two hours after his supporters had broken into the building while assaulting police officers, and more than 90 minutes after Trump had attacked former Vice President Mike Pence in a tweet for lacking the “courage” to award Trump a second term despite having lost the election by 7 million votes.

That post enraged his followers and led them to swarm the entrances within minutes, according to a video released by the House Jan. 6 committee last summer. Many roamed the halls, searching for Pence and chanting: “Hang Mike Pence!”

Michael Fanone, a former Washington, D.C., police officer who was assaulted and nearly killed by Trump’s mob that day and is now a CNN contributor, said he was appalled by what he saw. “It’s worse than I could have ever imagined. It’s an absolute disaster,” Fanon

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wish they would throw him prison and get it over with. I'm tired of him still bitch about the 2020 election among other things. He's clueless about the world and gets a good laugh from the people that believes his bs.

It is waaaay past time that these lies put him away (solitary confinement would be preferable and he would only have himself to listen to the lies).

CNN is trying to pick up market share...even if it means selling out to MAGA. They are walking a tightrope...they can let tRUMP spew all the BS he wants ... as long as THEY don't agree with it during a broadcast. tRUMP will go along with it because "any free coverage is good". This country is SOOO FUCKED UP...smfh

Is CNN wanting to take over for Fox? This is absurd and so is Trump. Pence could not do anything that would have allowed Trump a second term. Going backwards with this, he even said earlier that he needed a third term "because they lied about him." Oh, the poor baby!

My first thought about CNN was, "challenging fox viewership they are". I don't usually think like a Star Wars character but it was clearly a ratings thing. Everything about trump is a ratings thing as far as air time. The media is refusing to cover what the current administration has done to turn this country around, not just economically but on the world stage. The GQP want to undermine it all by refusing to pay our debt.
ALL large media outlets are corporations, they ALL benefit from GQP tax policies and lack of any government over sight. No taxes and no government over sight are what the GQP are all about.

CNN purposely gave him a biased audience to react to his lies -- [rawstory.com] .
They deserve whatever scorn they get scrambling after TV ratings for this disgusting display.

Why would any credible news outlet continue to provide this cretin with a way to continue his litany of lies?

He was much worse watching him live on TV. And his supporters in the audience cheered him on 🤬

Reading that made me want to vomit, punch his mouth, kick him in the balls with a steel-toed boot, and scream. Add angry.

What in the fuck are they thinking giving him any air time?

MizJ Level 8 May 11, 2023

Air time as such is not bad, but only he and a competent and tough interviewer. Certainly not a crowd of his supporters as audience, cheering him along

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:723483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.