Agnostic.com

5 10

Piranhas swarm 8 tourists at Brazilian resort, leaving them with bloody legs and feet

[livescience.com]

TheoryNumber3 8 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love it when nature bites humans.

Reminds me of the James Bond movie where the villain has a man attacked by piranhas and then comments "He disagreed with something that ate him "

That man was Bond's CIA friend Felix Lighter, the fish was a shark, and he lost his leg. This happens in Live And Let Die.

@rainmanjr Ta.

@Petter At least, it happens in the book for Live And Let Die. I believe (though I could be wrong) that it happens in the movie The Living Daylights.

I had thought piranhas maligned by fearful hype in the horror movie addicted 80s. The article does pull back a bit from that fearful approach, but I don’t want to fall into a pool of starved piranha to test my assumption they have been defamed.

Say what you want about piranha, but at least they aren’t the parasitic catfish that allegedly swim up your urine stream to lodge themselves inside your junk. Yeah, NO!!!!

Oh they have been defamed too? [en.m.wikipedia.org]

That will make a good story for the grandkids.

Even if you survive, it could affect your chances of having grandkids.

Perfect for bedtime

@Fernapple And in a generation or less even that will no longer be true.

There are places where one can "swim with the piranhas." Usually those places have similar looking, but less aggressive fish. A well fed piranha isn't usually a threat to humans.
When I was in Thailand, I watched Pacu being fed. They look like big piranha, but aren't very aggressive. However, when their food was added, the water turned into a frothing madness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:723721
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.