Agnostic.com

4 0

Zeitgeist Movement

What are y'alls thoughts on the Zeitgeist Movement?

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Adorkable 6 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is verbatim from the TZM website [[zeitgeistaustralia.org]]

"As soon as everything was ready to go, Z-Day Global kicked off, starting with my opening presentation, where I spoke about the theme of this year’s Z-Day: Towards Global Unity and Abundance, as well as advice on creating a sustainable and successful chapter, the amount of work involved in making Z-Day happen, ways to avoid economic bigotry, and concluding with a certain framing of encouraging a unified quest to understand the nature of reality rather than personal ambition to win over your perceived opponents."

The last bit could come from a JWs' convention: "to win over your perceived opponents"

Perhaps I am too critical but the ambience was pretty much divided into the within and without

I am not a meat eater but I don't want people telling me that I have to become a vegan

I think the movement is becoming a victim of its own initial success. I went to a meeting where, instead of having a healthy discussion, the small audience (<20), had to watch outdated poorly made videos. And they were trying to flog off some merchandise.
I almost felt like in a sect meeting.

@Adorkable I appreciated the effort the went into the movie(s) ... But now the movement seems to be slipping down the commercial chute ... The presenter were all wearing TZM T-shirts ... And they showed some slides of an event where they were flogging of merchandise ... For me it was utterly bizarre because in one video they were talking about how people get manipulated into consuming stuff they don't need through advertising ... Perhaps it's just me having a twisted mind

[zeitgeistaustralia.org]

If you have a chance listen to or read Nailed Ten Christian Myths. It is interesting.

I am also interested, a friend added me to it yesterday, I accepted, but have yet to look into it.

Are you talking about the person known as jesus is just a myth?

@DavidEwers60 No, a friend not from this site, she added me to some zeitgeist group, I have not had a chance to look into it yet.

@DavidEwers60 Even if there was a person called Jesus has become irrelevant ... The Chinese created their very own sweet Jesus by the name of Lei Feng the savior with a Kalashnikov

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:72471
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.