Agnostic.com

7 14

LINK This Plus-Size Burlesque Performer Is Challenging Harmful Stereotypes One Fabulous Dance at a Time

I love her words on body positivity and objectification vs. empowerment and self love ?
I have zero problems with reporting and blocking anyone fat shaming.
This post is about body positivity no matter what shape it is. If you don't want to support that, go elsewhere and leave the encouragement of loving yourself and letting yourself live life to the rest of us.

DuchessNyx 6 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

OMG....what a treat finding a woman who appreciates self appreciation, as much as I can appreciate this woman..........

Good for her. She looks great.

Morbid obesity is good now.

I wouldn't pay to see her show but I'm glad she's not beating herself up over being obese. Obesity is partly a mental health issue just like like anorexia. Normalizing morbid obesity through postive self imagine is a little ironic, obesity will disable and cause death.

@DuchessNyx By parameters set forth by all accredited healthcare professional it is. The factual results from postmortem examination support this conclusion.

@SallyMc The information on the behavior health relation to eating disorders is in front of our eyes everyday practically, so how am I being dishonest.
Other than the few Genetic disorders that lead to obesity every thing else is the inability self control through behavior.

She's one brave woman!

@DuchessNyx There MUST have been rude comments, ''boos'' and so forth! I give her a LOT of credit!

If you don't want to see a plus size woman take her clothes off, why would you buy a ticket? I imagine anyone who goes to see her shows is comfortable with the idea.

I agree with @DuchessNyx - you're far more likely to attract these judgemental attitudes out in public. Especially in situations where you might be guilty of that most heinous of crimes of revealing any part of your torso, while overweight.

@DuchessNyx Guess you know more about burlesque shows than I do. Still...you KNOW she's been the object of some ridicule.

That's the type of mind that I find attractive. Tight bodies are great, but if the mind and attitude is blah There's no quality future in it for me. Blah just isn't sexy.

@DuchessNyx I just got done with that empty shell. She was one self righteous, heartless, cold shell, but she was very pretty. Pretty on the outside and ugly on the inside. Lesson learned.

She's amazing! ♥

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:72569
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.