Agnostic.com

2 6

Don't remember this and Hank was pretty big at my house . My grandma use to sing "Hey good lookin'" to me when I was little.

Buttercup 8 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being a HW Sr fan and having read every bio, I can tell you that this song Hank wrote the morning after a local paper critic lashed him in a column because the night before he had been sick and unable to complete his show, brought on by drinking something bad. I won't go into the whole story but the gist is, he read this scathing review, sat down and wrote the song, went out that night, gave a brilliant show, and sang this song and dedicated to that critic sarcastically and the audience loved it. I guess he was saying that people should be more forgiving and mindful of their own problems.

One of so many stories about this great but tragic singer and songwriter.

lol, one of the bands that plays in Yuma during winter plays this song every time they play.

Maybe before it's time, it should have been a hit.

@Buttercup It was back in his time.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:728749
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.