Agnostic.com

8 2

Equal Justice

Does the justice system treat non-believers equally compared to believers? (As if it should matter or even be considered at all.)

• 9 votes
  • 20 votes
TampaHeathen 7 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've never been in a situation where I can judge that. I think (and hope) that the Constitution protects atheists from persecution by believers.

In jail you get preferential treatment/access to activities if you claim a religion.

I wouldnt have a clue

To beg a quote from Law & Order "Justice may be blind but no one ever said the old girl was fair.".

I would say that in most legal matters, one's religious or non-religious beliefs never come up.

Sometimes parole boards cite "found religion" as influencing their choice to parole somebody. Occasionally active in church is used as a character reference in courts.

The system wants you as proof of your honesty to swear on the bible so its floored before its started.

The only reason I know that is because the US 'justice system' only loves money - like every other thing in this country.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:72919
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.