Agnostic.com

2 4

can anyone think of something older and/or more universal than the nod or shake of the head? not smiles or screams, but the simplist of communications. that up and down vs. sideways might matter in ways we don't notice. ✌️

hankster 9 Aug 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is not universal
[uni-stuttgart.de].

thank you. interesting.

I don't know, but I do the nod thing quite a lot during my evening walks and bike rides. Just a nice acknowledgment that I see them and recognize their presence for that split second we pass each other. Sometimes I also add a smile, which might be tied for being one of the oldest most universal indicators of recognition. I seldom scream when passing people, but yes, a scream is also a very useful method of communication from pre-historic times, one has to think.

Nothing else comes to my mind as being quite as older or universal as a nod. I'm sure the finger came much much later!

thank you. I'll add the finger to my ponderings. lol. interesting, i was thinking of the "yes" and "no" aspects, but the "hidee" factor is in play too.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:729694
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.