Agnostic.com

7 8

New member here. Skepticelt. I am 65 retired and bored. Not so bored I want to go back to work. Made a career out of mechanical inspector and boiler inspector. Lived in Texas, Missouri and mostly Michigan. Done a fair amount of travel for work.I enjoy riding bikes. I have 3 electric bicycles. Two standard bikes and a trike. I also have a scooter. Had many motorcycles over the years. I am married to an Irish lassie from Dublin. I have been known to partake in the sacraments. Just looking to find like minded folk as this area, it is infested with the indoctrinated. I keep myself entertained with the mundane. I have a pretty diverse resume. Started out as a paperboy graduated to other jobs. Worked as boiler repairman in my youth and several other jobs. If you are just dieing to be regaled with stories of fire tube and cast iron sectional boilers. I might be just the individual you have been looking for! It appears that there may be a few folk familiar with mechanical things. I have always viewed mechanical things as work. Now that I have retired I look back and wish I had smelled the proverbial flowers. I am glad to be retired. I am no fan of religion.

Paganpaddy 5 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Welcome to the site, say hello to your wife from me…I live in Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland. Enjoy your retirement and get out and smell those flowers…you’ve got plenty of time now and you’re still in the prime of your life at a mere 65!

Thanks. Nice to hear from someone in the old sod. Just recently attended a wedding in Carlingford. Refreshingly it was a humanist theme. Not sure about everyone in but my wife's family pays very little attention to religion. One of her sisters says they are ala carte catholic. If push came to shove I believe they would side with a secular viewpoint over a religious.

@Paganpaddy Where was the wedding reception, was it The Four Seasons Hotel? Carlingford is a favourite spot of mine, I’ve visited it often…it’s about a two hour drive from my home.

welcome to the retired club.

Thank you.

Welcome.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the site, enjoy.

Thanks I look forward to schmoozing with what I consider the cream of the crop. Slainte Paddy O'

Welcome! How'd you meet your Irish lassie? (I know...you won her over with talk of fire tubes....) It'd probably work for me... 🙂

My sister and her aunt are friends. They were instrumental in setting up a meeting. My now wife was traveling around and her aunt lives in Michigan. I was living in St.Louis at the time. A rather turbulent time in my life. I was recently divorced. I guess you could say nature took it's course.

@Paganpaddy Funny how that can happen! Nothing like a hot discussion of sectional boilers...... 🙂

Have fun exploring the site and making friends....

@pamagain I look forward to engaging conversation and perhaps elucidation to some fledgling ideas.

@Paganpaddy Have you looked through the groups? I'm sure you'll find some options there!

Welcome seconded...

Thanks. I look forward to bouncing ideas off of what I think of as an unbiased group who.embraces humanity over faith.

Welcome

Thanks. Appreciate the tips and advice. This is the time of year that Texas is a pretty damn good place to live again until next summer.
Slainte Paddy O'

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:731136
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.