Agnostic.com

2 1

Belfast: What's it like to live there?

I'm considering taking a job in Belfast, Northern Ireland and moving from the US for about two years.

If you have lived there, how is it? Would you recommend living there for a couple years? Why or why not?

Rhetoric 7 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I live in Northern Ireland 'Ballycastle '- I think a couple of years in Belfast would be entertaining at the very least - The countryside is nice - when I lived in England and 'the troubles' were on between catholics and protestants on BBC T.V it always seemed like it was night time and people were clashing dustbin lids together so I had a very weird idea of what it was like here - When I came to live here I found it was very beautiful. You could drive past fields for hours. I am four minutes from the sea and Rathlin Island. there are forests and its not very populated. And you can always go to Southern Ireland or Dublin to see amazing scenery .

Any opportunity to work overseas as an expat should be considered..... Its lucrative if you negotiate good terms. You'll get to be exposed to a new way of doing things, new culture to certain extent and going places is a given. Not as much as if you were in Europe, as opposed to being in an island but still ..... Now, there are downside factors as well, your tax return will get messy, moving is a pain, etc... Just don't lose sight of what an adventure it will be and then you will be fine. My advice? Don't think, just do it...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73406
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.