Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Transgender Rights II: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) - YouTube

Poking fun at how some people just can't accept the reality that transgender people exist...

snytiger6 9 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with @AnneWimsey, however will add one thing:

All of us have exactly the same rights so there is no reason to preface the word "Rights" with any description.

Prefacing the word "rights' with a particular group is acknowledging that although we are all supposed to be equal under the law, there are still groups who are (aggressively) discriminated against.

NOTE: I used "minority' as a reference to not having as much power, as opposed to numbers in the group. As an example, there are slightly more women than men, but men have more power in societies around the world, so women would still considered a minority, even though there are more of them.

@snytiger6 You missed the point, and I wonder what you mean when you typed "although we are all supposed to be equal under the law".

The fact that any group or groups are denied any right does not mean the right does not exist. It means one must go to court to get it. Sad, but that is the way it works.

I have a Major Stunning idea:
Instead of LGBTQ+++ rights, Black rights, women's rights, Jewish rights, left-hander rights, blue-footed booby rights, aaannnd etc, which every single one of these and Many more seem to have naysayers, how about if we all just refer to Human Rights?
Like, oh, I dunno, the Right to be left the F alone to run our lives as we see fit.

What rights don’t they have?

They often are not recognized as a group, or allowed to be themselves without (aggressively) being discriminated against.

Please don't pretend ignorance. Most minority groups experience institutionalized discrimination of some sort.

@snytiger6

So they’re just having their feelings hurt rather than rights issues…..

@Esprit_de_Corp I know I was fired from a job because I was gay... back in the 1980's. As I am not "obvious" in my mannerisms, I've never been physically attacked, but I've known many people who have.

It isn't about "feelings getting hurt", but more about being able to live one's life in peace.

However, I think you know that, but just pretend otherwise.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:735601
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.