Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Sermons from Hollywood A-listers will never deserve an audience again - UnHerd

This fine article supports my long-held belief that any opinion endorsed by film stars or pop singers is very possibly bullshit.

Hellbent 7 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When your looks are your living, how much can we reasonably expect? 1000 other. candidates standing eagerly behind you willing to do anything to take your place. limited time to"make it due to ageism perhaps abuse already in your background. and disgusting pigs in power knowing exactly what leverage they have.

It is reprehensible, but it's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
When a frightened young actress is sexually assaulted by a powerful Hollywood man, she knows her career is over if she says anything. She'd be denounced, called a liar and could never work again.

The only reason people listened to the women in the "Me,too" movement was because so many of them spoke up at the same time. The same thing happened with the women being raped by Bill Cosby..the first women who dared speak up were mocked.

I cannot know what was in the celebrities minds for not speaking up, but being a survivor myself, I hesitate to judge too quickly.
Was it purely self-interest? The knowledge of what could happen to their lives?... Or, like me, could they have had issues they had to get settled in their minds, .... that - whatever their fame/money - they couldn't summon the needed courage?
Yes ,it might have been selfish opportunism, I agree, that IS despicable.
I just don't know.

@Hellbent
I understand that point. And about those who did laud those predators, I agree, they were wrong, whatever their reasons.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73760
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.