Agnostic.com

6 26

New skirt I made.

New cotton skirt I made. Today I sewed down the vertical edges of the center section starting 2-1/2" below the waistband and down 12". I want the center section to stay put. It created a flattering flat front.

At Thanksgiving dinner the skirt annoyingly stuck to my tights. In the future I'll wear it with sleek pantyhose and boots or bare legs with sandals in summer. And a black top.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are very talented!

@davknight

Thank you! The summer before we started 7th grade, my best friend's mother taught Jami and me to sew to keep us out of trouble. It worked.

I need to sew more. It relaxes me

@JonnaBononna

Yes, sewing is absorbing. It's creative problem-solving that delights me with good results.

Very pretty. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Nov 25, 2023

@Betty

Thank you!

Very nice! Exactly the style skirt I would wear back when I wore skirts. I use to sew and I did make myself a wool skirt in the same style as yours. I wore it a handful of times and finally gave it to the woman's shelter. You are very talented!
I don't wear skirts at all these days. I never liked skirts or dresses, even as a kid. In high school when they finally allowed us to wear pants I was in heaven!

@silverotter11

Thank you, dear.

Looks real good. You should model it for us.

Beautiful! I'm a big fan of skirts and tops. So versatile in any season!

@Julie808

Thank you. dear!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:737933
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.