Agnostic.com

7 2

Are you happy where you now live, and if not,why. Also if present circumstances permitted you to live any where ( and you had enough money to do so ) where would you like to reside.

HarrySlick 7 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

thanks for posing the question, which keeps niggling now for quite a while in my own life, as it's not easily answered ... or decided. i feel i've lived in so many beautiful places, all far from each other, all desirable for different reasons, that it is becoming ever more difficult to decide on one place & just be content with that. currently - & for the past 4 years - i'm living in a shire that has overtaken sydney as australia's number one holiday destination, & subsequently is getting inundated with development applications. it's getting crowded, & the original laid-back aussie hippie spirit is eventually gonna succumb to stressed out ex-urbanites with huge mortgages. i still love the climate, the wildlife, the spaciousness of country, but am missing cultural aspects i grew up with in europe. ah, the choices! i love lisbon.

My daughter and I always talk about traveling to Australia.

@HarrySlick, it is definitely worth a journey of at least a couple of months. nowhere have i seen so much pristine land, beach, bush, rainforest inhabited by the most unique & non-threatening wildlife only. if you do it, you gotta do it during this life! πŸ˜‰

Living in the suburbs of New York City, I appreciate the cultural diversity and the close proximity to ManhattanI, I also really enjoy the beaches of Long Island . I do not like the cold winters ,and unless you own your own house as I do,housing can be expensive. If I could reside anywhere it would definitely be Kauai Hawaii .

I was born and raised in Nebraska. I have also spent time in Idaho and Ohio; I am now back in Nebraska. I have a big like of the Scandinavian area, especially Norway and Sweden.

I love Oregon. I am not too fond of the small town where I reside; but I am near my kids and grand kids here. I would like to live, at least some of the time, in a more largely populated area. There are states located in the eastern part of the US that appeal to me for various reasons--one in particular.

I'm pretty happy here. Las Cruces (NM) is a small city (pop 120k). My parents and my sister & her boyfriend live here. I have two kids still at home with me half time, both in high school. So I won't leave soon. Long term, I would love to be closer to Colorado where I grew up.

Not thrilled with my city. It’s considered a little low end in the Milwaukee area. I’d rather live about 20 miles away on either Pine or Beaver lake. They have beautiful large homes on the lake, plus I’d only be 1/2 hour away from family.

The ironic thing is that if I had unlimited resources so I could live anywhere, I wouldn't mind living where I do. What has me most concerned about northern New York is the weak economy and lack of employment opportunities. Take that away, and the need to travel during snowstorms, and I'm quite content here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.