Agnostic.com

7 3

Why are even people in this group still reluctant to state that they know that there are no gods out there?

Don't be afraid of answering: "Yes. I know that there is no god out there!"
Nobody is ever going to prove you wrong.
Is this reluctanc part of our religiously infused culture?
Be daring!

PontifexMarximus 8 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know what to believe. I can understand why it's silly to think a god exists and I don't necessarily think that, but I also don't shut that door completely. It seems very unlikely that there is a god, and I may be because of how I was raised that I'm still hanging onto a thread of hope that there is one, but maybe I don't want to be the sort of person who wouldn't change his mind for any reason? I don't know, I don't care if it seems stupid to people, all I saying is that MAYBE a god exists, and maybe there's a teapot orbiting our solar system and maybe there's a flying spaghetti monster. I'm not living life as if those things are true but I'm not saying they're impossible either. If you listen to me talk long enough though you'll eventually catch me saying something is impossible when I can't prove it's impossible, maybe I'm a hypocrite and just need more time to adjust.

zing Level 6 May 5, 2018

Thank you for being honest. I can understand. Religious exposure causes lasting trauma. I remember this from my mother. In her wisdom she spared us children the trauma by not trying to indoctrinate us beyond some silly formalities.

Thank you I agree completely.
I think many people are caught up in the argument of not being able to disprove a god. Believers have pulled a swifty with that one.

I do not understand why people feel the NEED to believe in gods, goddesses, demons, or devils. I base my life on what I have read, what I have learned by watching people, and my own experiences and existence. I can't see air, but I breathe it (yeah, smog). I drop something, it falls to the ground. I have never seen anything approaching the supernatural -- hence I know it is all make believe. I appreciate the beauty of the planet we are on, but there are no gods...

Who? Where? When? This is a spoof post,right?

Because I can not prove there is not a god. So it would be a belief. I am a non believer. So I can not make that claim.

Yes.

JK666 Level 7 May 5, 2018

I do not think anyone here would have a problem saying "Yes, there is no evidence of any gods out there."

I saw profiles that kept the 10% option that their might be. The question is: "Do know that there is no god?"
I am pretty confident that nobody can bring any evdence that I am wrong. So I answer that question with "yes".

@PontifexMarximus I too say I definitely know there is not god. However, fi any evidence does come alogn tht can be verified (scientific replication preferred), I may reevaluate.

@snytiger6 We can safely say that no "godly" creature ever described so far will ever be detected.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74145
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.