Agnostic.com

2 2

So ya wanna go to heaven & sit with your god?

It occurred to me this morning that all the jews calling for revenge & recognition as the chosen ones, together with the xtians egging them on because they want armageddon & to get to sit at their "lord's" table, like the jews are going to be in for a huge shock when they find out that he doesn't exist & in fact no self respecting god would want such stupid barbarians at their table.

FrayedBear 9 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So...how exactly are Jews, as well as Christians and Muslims for that matter, going to find out that God doesn't exist?

When they are dead.

@FrayedBear The only way you can find out that God doesn't exist after you are dead is if you are still alive. Otherwise, you are totally an unconscious corpse and totally do not realize anything. That means you believe in an afterlife. So, if God did not create this afterlife, who did?

@Heraclitus Was a god required to have ice turn into water when heated & then into vapour with further heat or into oxygen & hydrogen through use of electric current? Why do you require a fairy to separate living consciousness from inanimate determination & reaction?

@FrayedBear You are making no sense. When did I ever say ANYTHING about requiring a fairy. And you are also making no sense when you claim that people live after death if you do not believe in some sort of god that created an afterlife. Just exactly what do you think the afterlife is like and how did it come into existence?

Keep in mind that I once studied to be a Pentecostal minister. A few years ago I woke up. Christians love the idea that the Jews were gods chosen people but few know what that means. They were chosen to spread the message (according to them) about god and what this god wanted. Most of our world now is taken in by this and not many have logical
thinking.

Jumping right in to the heaven ideas people carry, most believers make it up..The bible itself talks of a heaven with walls, gates, etc.(Maybe your god wants to keep you inside.) Consider also that what you do there according to the bible is sing gods praises forever and ever. Hey, wait a minute. What about that big family reunion and heaven being about humans living forever? God says nothing about that in his book.

Now let's get into the great White Thrown judgement. Most Evangelicals think this has to happen in real time and not in a twinkling of an eye. Believers claim that we have all the time needed because we will be in eternity. Big problem here. How long has mankind been on Earth? Surely this judgement would take at least that much time. I think that time as we know it would almost have to be stopped for this to happen. Exactly what is eternity?

There are so many other things wrong with the whole idea of sitting at god's table and everything that goes with it but this will work for starters. The entire idea of what our bible says is close to being ridiculous when you read and study it. The men that wrote it did not live at the same time and did not know each other.

I have concluded we are made up of two parts, physical and non-physical aka spiritual. So the question becomes "When the physical dies, does the spiritual die with it?" I reckon so but to keep going with this line of thought, lets say the spiritual survives. This would mean.
The spiritual survives without physical restraints. This would mean.
You would only be constrained by your own creativity as imagination is boundless. This would mean
Those who "believe" in Heaven and Hell would create there own Heaven and Hells and be bound.

It's good to be atheist. Just in case 😉
Should be the new Pascal's Law.

@puff Some people believe this. Now that I am out of the religious circle I cannot accept it. Certain followers of Freud and Jung may believe it.

@DenoPenno I'm pessimist so assume the worse which is nothing, worm food. Milk and honey in a spiritual world always cracks me up, as does 72 virgins eg pretty useless in a non-physical world that most likely does not exist anyway, except in some peoples minds. And if it does exist and I see a light? I'll be heading the other way

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:748267
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.