Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK Amazing proof: Polytheism and Scientism both dealt a logical blow

Scientism dealt a blow.
"A new proof by SFI Professor David Wolpert sends a humbling message to would-be super intelligences: you can't know everything all the time."

Polytheism dealt a blow.
"Wolpert jokingly refers to this result as "the monotheism theorem," since while it does not forbid there being a deity in our universe, it forbids there being more than one."

TheMiddleWay 8 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Reminds me of Gรถdel's incompleteness theorems. Also interesting that one of the predicates is "In the same universe" It seems that two beings that existed outside of the universe could know everything about our universe so long as the information only flowed in one direction. What they couldn't know about each other would be irrelevant. That said, it's difficult to see why we should pay any attention to a god (or gods) who know everything but can't or don't act in our universe. Unless maybe the gods are Yanny and Laurel deciding on which afterlife we are due to enter depending up whether we uphold the sacred truth of the White and Gold dress or the heretic Black and Blue interpretation.

"We refute it thus." ๐Ÿ˜‰

That is a good saying but, I don't know that that is not possible.

And this effects my life, how?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74921
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.