Agnostic.com

1 1

Do you live in the city or country?

It use to be nice where I live. A quiet area of our little town. Now the streets stay busy all day. I wish we lived further away. I can see the construction cranes and lights at night. They say if this new plant explodes that it will wipe us all out. It keeps moving closer to us. People are selling their houses down our main street. I would love to own one of them but i couldn't pay the upkeep and taxes. Hmmm... I never based my retirement on paying for a new house. Or even moving. I do consider myself lucky in even living in this community. A country home is nice but the upkeep can be strenuous.

BucketlistBob 8 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I live in the suburbs of New York City about 17 miles east of Manhattan.This would not be considered the country. Fortunately they can not build any thing near my house because it is adjacent to a City Golf course .Zoning laws prohibit any thing but one family homes ,but people are buying houses up to $800,000, tearing them down and building what they call here Mc Mansions . So actuality they are only paying for the lousy 50 foot by 100 foot lot

Damn that's a lot of money!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7524
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.