Agnostic.com

1 0

What are the origins of the Nazi swastika? By Tom Metcalfe published August 8, 2023 The Nazi symbol, the Hakenkreuz is not the same as the ancient Hindu symbol.

It has been suggested that the use of Swastika rather than Hakenkreuz by English speakers is part of colonial subjugation practice to make non white non Christians feel inferior.

Something that the xtian churches & Judaism would have be happy to encourage. Unfortunately this is conveniently ignoring that Judaism & Christianity have both in their histories used the symbol for other purposes.

[livescience.com]

I suggest that following the atrocities & genocide committed by the Jews in Palestine the Star of David will end up being the more despised symbol particularly as people will start to use Hakenkreuz rather than Swastika to name the Nazi symbol.

FrayedBear 9 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The use of the word Swastika rather than Hakenkreuz by the English, is an invention of the war time British propaganda as was changing the abbreviation Natzis to Nazis.
Throughout the ages the Sanskrit word svastika meaning well being or blessed or conducive to peace has been used for many different symbols including in the Hindu religion where it was the word for the bent cross symbol of Ganesha.
When the British propagandists were looking for a more sinister name for Hitler's HakenKreuz they came across this at at Chruchill's own suggestion corrupted it into Swastika, because it sounded like Schwarz (german for black) and Sticker (an English word for an adhesive paper badge)
The Black badge
Likewise Natzi (Nationalsozialistische) was changed to Nazi because it sounded more like Nasty to the British ear

& that is the crap that we have fed for 80+ years. Another thing to curse Churchill for!

@FrayedBear For all the perceived good that he did, ultimately he was a half American, alcoholic bully communist collaborating self aggrandising old colonialist bag of wind, who could not even make his own radio speeches because he was so drunk all the time.
The above information comes from his three volume "auto" biography ghost written by Dennis Wheatley Churchill's old drinking buddy

@LenHazell53 thanks fyi Len. I've never wasted my time in delving into his life. I just instinctively despised the man.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:752963
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.