Agnostic.com

0 3

LINK Stewart jokes Trump Gettysburg remarks ‘plagiarized almost directly’ from his 7th grade book report -- The Hill

By Judy Kurtz - 04/16/24

Jon Stewart is mocking former President Trump’s description of one of the most famous battles in American history, quipping that it was reminiscent of something the host would’ve cooked up in a middle school book report.

“Gettysburg — what an unbelievable battle that was,” Trump said during a campaign speech Saturday in Schnecksville, Pa.

“It was so interesting, and so vicious, and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways,” Trump told the crowd of the 1863 battle of Gettysburg.

“Gettysburg, wow,” Trump continued.

“That is plagiarized almost directly from my 7th grade book report: ‘Gettysburg. Wow,'” Stewart deadpanned on Monday’s “The Daily Show.”

“It was vicious, and horrible and beautiful,” Stewart, impersonating the 45th president, said to laughs.

“Is he talking about a Civil War battle or a horse giving birth?” Stewart cracked.

In another moment from Trump’s rally played on the Comedy Central show, the ex-commander in chief said, “The statement of Robert E. Lee, who’s no longer in favor … ‘Never fight uphill, me boys.'”

“It is true, the North did have the higher ground,” Stewart responded.

“But I’m pretty sure that Robert E. Lee was not a leprechaun,” he added of the Confederate general, ribbing Trump for his use of “me boys.”

Great hilarious stuff in the last half of the video, when they debate if Trump is more like Mandela, Jesus or ... O.J.

snytiger6 9 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:753296