Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Narcan And Naloxone Can Be Hard To Get : Shots - Health News : NPR

A local group here (YAP-Young American Patriots-who are mostly progressives, don't let the name scare you) regularly run workshops for various organizations (and to which they always invite members of the interested general public) showing how to administer Narcan. But as to how to GET access to the drug if you are not an EMT, I've not heard of anyone speaking to that aspect of the problem.

BookDeath 8 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Narcan should be available to anyone prescribed an opioid. I took them for 10 years for something that was surgical (after 10 yrs I finally was granted surgery and don't need them anymore). One of them interacted with another med I took and the opioid was not eliminated from my body. I stopped breathing even though I took it as ordered. This is NEVER discussed. I did not abuse them. Most people who take meds take them as directed, but they can have problems anyway. Naloxone, narcan should be available.

Yes they can get it but it is in shot supply with everyone loading up.

I just heard on MPR (MN Public Radio) on my way to work this morning that some would like to make it available over the counter so anyone could buy it. The next thing they talked about was the price point, though I didn't hear how much it costs. I didn't get to hear the entire program but it sounded good to me.

Cost is always a problem when anything is in demand. In healthcare it is ridiculous.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75495
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.