Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Biden campaign hits Trump on anniversary of family separation policy at border -- The Hill

By Alex Gangitano - 05/07/24

President Biden’s reelection campaign is hitting former President Trump with a new digital ad on the anniversary of the Trump administration’s family separation policy.

The 50-second ad, entitled “Ripped Apart,” aims to target Latino voters across battleground states, according to the campaign.

It includes images of the children at the border and quotes from Trump about migrants, including “they’re destroying our country” and “when you say to a family that if you come, we’re going to break you up, they don’t come.”

It also includes information about Biden’s plans to reunite families when the president took office.

“They’re not people in my opinion, these are animals,” Trump said in a clip in the ad.

And the ad warns about the former president’s plans for immigration if he is reelected to another term, including Trump saying he would begin the largest deportation operation in U.S. history within moments of another inauguration.

“Stop Trump,” the ad reads.

“Six years ago, Donald Trump architected the systematic government policy of ripping innocent children from their mothers,” Biden campaign manager Julie Chavez Rodriguez said in a statement. “Since then, Trump hasn’t just justified these cruel policies — he’s celebrated them.”

“To this day, President Biden is still working tirelessly to reunite children with their families — it’s the enduring legacy of Trump, who made it his mission to go after mothers and kids under the guise of being ‘tough’ on immigration,” she added.

snytiger6 9 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember news reports about how 1,000's of children got "lost" in the system under the Trump immigrant family separation policy.

A part of me wondered if those kids didn't end up in sex trafficking rings, as Trump had such close tied to Jeffrey Epstein. Trump tried to monetize his presidency in many different ways. I would not put it past him to sell children. After all the parents were deported without their kids many times, and the kids were "lost" track of.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:755294
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.