Agnostic.com

4 2

Should all israelis be lobotomised as punishment for the atrocities committed against Palestinians & foreigners working in Gaza?

CNN reports on the Sde Teiman torture camp run by the israeli Defence Force in the Negev desert where "
Strapped down, blindfolded, held in diapers: Israeli whistleblowers detail abuse of Palestinians in shadowy detention center."
By CNN's International Investigations and Visuals teams
13 minute read
Updated 7:52 AM EDT, Sat May 11, 2024

[edition.cnn.com]

• 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
FrayedBear 9 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you think we pay billions of dollars to enable the Jews to perpetrate genocide then your mind is made up already. OK, Jews here is the money so go kill someone. This goes so far with many that they think the Jews created their own enemy just to keep things going. What frigging moron would believe this crap?

Explain why the jews have been prrpetrating genocide & atrocities against the palestinians since 1948 & why USA has largely funded them?

Did Every Israeli vote for the current regime?
I think Not and therefore this ia simply a nasty racist post.
But typical of you......

The Jews in israel have been committing genocide & atrocities against the Palestinians & others since 1948 Anne. Plenty of time to vote with their feet & leave the country. If they haven't it proves their complicity in the criminal acts.
As usual you are blind to reality.
The post is not racist it is Semitic seeking justice for the Palestinians.

@FrayedBear so you I assume live on a private atoll in the China Sea?

@annewimsey500 as usual you put an ass before u & me.

@FrayedBear The Jews who migrated to what would become Israel proper did so largely to escape antisemitism in Europe. Zionism was a reaction to events like the Dreyfus affair and pogroms in your beloved Russia. The Holocaust became yet another reason to migrate. The formation of Israel proper came at the expense of Palestinian natives and many were displaced by the nakba.

As Hitchens in Hitch-22 puts it:
Suppose that a man leaps out of a burning building—as my dear friend and colleague Jeff Goldberg sat and said to my face over a table at La Tomate in Washington not two years ago—and lands on a bystander in the street below. Now, make the burning building be Europe, and the luckless man underneath be the Palestinian Arabs. Is this a historical injustice? Has the man below been made a victim, with infinite cause of complaint and indefinite justification for violent retaliation? My own reply would be a provisional “no,” but only on these conditions. The man leaping from the burning building must still make such restitution as he can to the man who broke his fall, and must not pretend that he never even landed on him. And he must base his case on the singularity and uniqueness of the original leap. It can’t, in other words, be “leap, leap, leap” for four generations and more. The people underneath cannot be expected to tolerate leaping on this scale and of this duration, if you catch my drift. In Palestine, tread softly, for you tread on their dreams. And do not tell the Palestinians that they were never fallen upon and bruised in the first place. Do not shame yourself with the cheap lie that they were told by their leaders to run away.

Now on the other hand why are Israeli Jews inside the proper bounds of Israel (excluding the West Bank and Gaza) compelled to walk away and vote with their feet? Shouldn’t then Aussies descended from Europeans do the same?

And also the specific history and usage of the term antisemitism does not encompass Arabs though they are semitic.

[en.m.wiktionary.org]

[merriam-webster.com]

This is a false choice. You come across as being as bad as or worse than the people who are committing the atrocities if you want to round up all the Israelis and lobotomize them. For starters what of the “Israeli whistleblowers [who] detail abuse” or in the article “Last month, a CNN team covered a small protest outside its main gate staged by Israeli activists demanding the closure of the facility.” Would you lobotomize those Israelis too? Would you lobotomize Israeli Arabs or Druze too? Or just Jews? You said ALL.

And about paying “the Jews”, that’s about as bad a generalization as you can get. The more specific problem is Netanyahu having benefited from the existence of Hamas as a wedge against the PA in Gaza to divide and conquer and exploiting October 7th and the resulting retributive attack on Gaza to save his own skin given his political precarity due to a looming corruption scandal. Also it is the Israeli far right as a warped offshoot of Revisionist Zionism of the distant past that represents much of the problem. You cannot generalize to Israelis and Jews from that. And as to the Israeli far right and Bibi, it would be wrong to gather them up and lobotomize them as retributive justice for the atrocities in Gaza. You then become what you hate or much worse.

Maybe you should back away from the headlines for a spell as your obsession with this issue is not good for you.

Thank you for your kindly advise. Please read my reply to AnneWhimsey above.

Your "survey" question and answers are "loaded", meaning they are worded in such a way as to elicit the answers you desire them to choose, not to actually poll a persons honest views. It is manipulative.

I think most persons on this site are clever enough to see that.

How would you word it? Tell me & I will change the wording.

@FrayedBear For serious surveys, I just give them a simple "yes" , "no" or "not sure" option without editorializing their answer choices. It keeps the answers at least mostly unbiased, although the questions can be biased to illicit a desired answer as well. Honest surveys are as neutral as possible is both questions and answers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:755707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.