Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK BOONDOGGLE?! $320 Million WASHED OUT To Sea As Gaza Pier SINKS - YouTube

Wow. An incredibly stupid idea failed. Who could have anticipated that?

redbai 8 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We have invested in billions of $$$ in emergency equipment that may never be used. It is only when it is actually put in theater under real world conditions that we are able to actually evaluate it and recommend upgrades. I don't know how long that dock had set in storage prior to use, but I'm glad we were not using it to land troops when it failed.

When war reserve material is taken out of reserve, it is not uncommon for it to fail, sometimes in a spectacular fashion. It is like taking a race car, putting it up on blocks, changing the fluids and rubber components as needed, then after a year putting it in the Daytona 500. What could go wrong?

It succeeded exactly as planned, large sums of money went into war profiteers' pockets. If it breaks down of course it has to be replaced. Now they don't even give a shit if the stuff on active duty works, let alone the stuff in storage. Look into the LCS for a mind numbing example, one of many.

I wonder if there was some help from the Israeli government in the sinking? I truly would not put it past Bibi to find a way to destroy this.

There was this ship called the USS Liberty. Just saying. The anniversary of that atrocity is just around the corner.

This kind of shit really pisses me off. War and munitions need to have the profit taken out of them, perhaps this kind of waste would be eliminated for the lunacy that it is!
What an incredible waste. The fact that the amount spent on this could have been used to resettle the displaced folk because the bombs we have provided have decimated there homes.

Very disturbing. A mutually agreeable pact needs to be put together taking into account all legitimate claims. Far less resources will be used to destroy and hopefully can be redirected to employ the displaced.

It was never anything more than pork barrel spending and virtue signaling.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:757153
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.