Agnostic.com

18 3

What's the worst thing done to humanity in the name of religion?

gotham 3 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Holocaust and Israel?

The mere creation of religion and its practice.

The worst thing that I feel they do is claiming they have authority over any human. Some use violence to push their point and others do not. It is the zealots of the religion that make decision of how much humanity the religion has in its name.

Deliberately giving people immune wrong answers rather than letting them scrutinize their questions

First thing I’d like to point out is…the Holocaust

The Holocaust was not perpetrated in the name of religion however.

@RDaneel Martin Luther's "On the Jews and Their Lies" set the stage and prepared the German people for the holocaust. Maybe not "in the name of religion", but there was a large religious component to the antisemitism that was rampart at the time.

@DaveSchumacher Yes of course the Jewish people were persecuted for centuries. I find it curious though that so little attention is paid to the other groups who were killed by millions including the Roma, gays, communists, mentally disabled and more. My point being is that the origin of the hatred of the Jews is more cultural than religious.

Preaching that Contraception is evil....

The constant and deliberate efforts to push their world view into the educational system.

Oppressing those who seek out truth in the world.

Limiting the rights of the gay community. We are people to.

Telling me that I'm committing a cardinal sin and burning in hell for silently and non intrusivley admiring the slopes and curves of a voluptuous woman's ass....

Wars and the Holocaust.

Fighting wars.

Turning us into slaves/robots/zombies of tyrannical and destructive human belief systems, and thereby robbing us of our soul in the name of God.

Read up on the Christian Dark Ages... A literal gap in history

Proto Level 6 May 7, 2018

Not sure which is worse, but:

Death
Impeding Human knowledge/progress (probably also causing death)

Murdering people.

The Crusades?

Existing as a means of control.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75786
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.