Agnostic.com

16 7

What snap judgements are you aware of?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Idiots in the passing lane holding up traffic. 18 wheelers driving side by side on the interstate. People texting while driving all over the road and in the passing lane. People that want the same amount of money i make and not know what i know or can do what i do. To me... a guy that makes $200,000.00 a year (profit) shrimping is smarter than me and my little degree.

Whenever I see a man in a huge pickup truck I cringe and think what a good old boy ,woman-hating trump supporter he must be. Not all but some just give me that vibe.

Tattoos. I am slowly overcoming my youthful notion that guys with tattoos are either thugs or dopes that got drunk at Subic Bay. I now suppose that all inked women are not tramps, at least not with me. Still, nearly all tramps are stamped but I try not to judge.

Mostly the ones against myself. I'm so used to self-blame and self-incrimination that if something goes wrong, even if it's totally out of my hands I start to go into a feeling of being responsible on some level. A totally irrational residue from my upbringing that will rear its ugly head when I'm feeling extremely vulnerable or overwhelmed.

Anything overdone. Especially makeup and "bling."

Men who wear sandals and socks. Women who wear platform shoes so tall they have to walk like a six year old in their mothers high heels.

I talk about this every time I go out with friends, lol...and how many of them wear too tight dresses that are not flattering in any way. Coupled with the shoe g...it's pretty pathetic....

Smokers. Ewwww. So gross. So stupid. So ungrateful for healthy lungs.... all smokers should have to work in hospices with kids dying from cystic fibrosis. And don't get me started on the number of innocent animals that have been murdered in the name of science studying the harmful effects of tobacco... if someone smokes, they have blood on their hands. Claiming to "not know" in this day and age is bullshit.

Oh snap...

Instantly dislike anyone with a MAGA hat or any other glorification of cheeto jesus.

I guess I'm guilty at looking at someone's body size as well as their faces. I just look, I don't really care though. I like to people watch.

I tend to steer clear of face tattoo guy

Sometines when I see another woman I instantly hate her. Don't know why, I get instant bitch vibes and avoid all contact with them.........is this normal

@Stacey48 I really don't know why I do it, but I do

This will happen for me with anyone who I perceive to have something that I feel I don't have but want very much. Or something about them that frightens the crap out of me.

Only the pretty ones?

@TravelinTom no not only the pretty ones, It's random at best ?

In graduate school, one professor was a terrible dresser, mixing plaids and stripes with loud, clashing colors. He read from his notes. Closing my eyes, I LISTENED and realized he was brilliant, wise and insightful.

Some students rudely left the classroom early, slamming the door. Instead, I asked him to be my thesis advisor. After turning in my thesis, he returned it with three words:

"Needs more analysis."

I sat down on the grass, put my head in my arms and cried. I felt exhausted and frustrated. What does "needs more analysis" mean? Dried my tears and made an appointment with him.

He said I had missed two court cases. "Which court cases?" I asked. He gave me the exact ones to include. My hero.

@Stacey48 , Thank you, Stacey!

I have been over 6 feet tall since I was 12. I've been guilty of treating shorter people as much younger than they are. I'm never rude but I kind of talk down I guess. Like a friend of my dad brought his daughters to our Christmas party, they where 20 and 17 at the time. They are both under 5 feet tall. They looked 12 and 14 and I treated them as if they where. I always feel like an ass after word.

I avoid both older and younger cashiers at the grocery store if I can. Middle-aged cashiers seem to be the fastest. It may be silly, but it seems to be true.

Now, that's specific!

I think we all do it to some extent.

That extremely attractive people are conceited.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75803
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.