Agnostic.com

2 8

LINK Alex Jones Is Liquidating His Assets to Pay Sandy Hook Families – Mother Jones

Right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones started the process of liquidating his assets on Friday, taking the initial steps toward paying the $1.5 billion he owes families of the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting. Jones runs the popular Infowars media platform, where he repeatedly described the shooting, which killed 20 first-grade students and six teachers, as a “hoax.” Families of victims filed defamation suits against Jones and Infowars, and while Jones eventually conceded in court that the shooting was real, it was too late to save him from legal action. Courts in Texas and Connecticut awarded the families massive damages.

In an effort to avoid payment, Jones and several of his companies declared bankruptcy, and Jones insisted he could never pay the damages.

“I don’t have any money,” Jones said after the billion-dollar judgment. “So, it’s all a big joke.”

But Jones changed his tune on Friday, when his attorneys signaled in court that he is starting the process of liquidating his assets. All told, Jones’ assets could yield as much as $15 million, a relative drop in the bucket toward the full total he owes victims’ families. After splitting the sum and paying administrative and legal fees, the families may not walk away with much money, but they could end up in control of Jones’ broadcast network, website, and social media accounts. That would not only be a financial blow to the conspiracy theorist, but a serious disruption to his operations.

Jones has made much of his wealth from advertisers on the Infowars network, which relies heavily on online sellers of health supplements and pills that claim to help prostates function better.

Last weekend, in a lengthy broadcast to fans, a sobbing Jones declared that Infowars would be shut down within the month. Jones said on his broadcast the reason for the shutdown was “a made-up kangaroo court debt.”

snytiger6 9 June 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I always hated that piece of shit, hope he goes down!!!

With the target on his back even a McDonalds franchise owned by a rabid MAGA supporter won't hire him at this point...

@Lizard_of_Ahaz I hope he disappears for ever and ever, all he does is propagate hate!

@michelle666gar I hope he migrates to Russia and ends up as part of a meat wave...

@Lizard_of_Ahaz I just hope he has a heart attack and dies! No more life and his mouth will forever be shut!

@michelle666gar Think of the fun we can have with his followers by calling it a conspiracy theory...

@Lizard_of_Ahaz Right! He died and it took him 3 days to rise from the dead....... Here we go again with more bullshit!

@michelle666gar Not after saying hello to a Ukrainian FPV drone....

@Lizard_of_Ahaz Again with the lies! He outlived it, he's in hiding and more conspiracy theories 🙄🙄🙄

@michelle666gar Send them some good Ukrainian beer with his name on the bottles...

@Lizard_of_Ahaz Now that just left a bad taste in my mouth, why do you want to ruin beer for everyone? 😭😠😂😂😂

@michelle666gar Not everyone just MAGAs...

@Lizard_of_Ahaz I still feel insulted, beer is my love and religion, don't be blasphemous!!! 😭😭😠😠😂😂😂😂😂

@michelle666gar Just the natural evolution of things.... The Ukrainians have been getting bumper corps thanks to the Orcs and with him it would be no different.... From shit to fertilizer to grain to beer.... Now who wouldn't want to drink to that?...

@Lizard_of_Ahaz Cheer's 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

About 20 years ago, my far right conservative brother, for reasons I am still not sure of, sent me tickets to a presentation Alex Jones did in Los Angeles called "9-11 Truth". I went out of curiosity. However, the speakers presented many different conspiracy theories, and they usually conflicted with other conspiracy theories presented by other speakers.

What stuck me was that not one speaker was able to get through their presentation without Alex Jones jumping in to try to grab some of the spotlight. In short, I determined Jones was just a media whore who would say or do anything to be the center of attention, and he could not stand for somebody else to have be in the spotlight without him. I saw him as being really insecure.

His bombast and bluster just covers up him feelings of insecurity and inadequacy. I don't see Jone and Trump as beign all that different, except Trump was born born into money, and I don't believe Jones was. Neither have any self awareness.

@snytiger6 So true!

Awwwwwwww, tooo bad, soooooo sad.........

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:758266
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.