Agnostic.com

7 0

No Other Explanation But God Says The Victim?

What are your thoughts?

twshield 8 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmmm... its strange how its so easy to say he will never do this or that. Then call it a miracle if they get lucky and connect all the parts to work right.

Extending gratitude to a deity in such situations is perhaps one of the greatest ways to insult the surviving family members of victims who actually did perish from a tragic incident. Suggesting that the purported creator of the Universe consciously offered assistance to them while not doing so for others can be interpreted as “I have a preferred status in the eyes of God.” Of course, one cannot blame a child for making such a statement.

palex Level 6 May 7, 2018

The god of the gaps.

Why do people resist thinking/saying “I don’t know the answer” and instinctively slip in “god did it”?

Poor kid - what an horrific experience. His medical team were amazing. Pity no one thanked them in the interview.

To quote the boy he said he was walking down an open field when he started "coming back" and there is no other explanation except god. Who told him that?
But there is another explanation. The boy was extremely fortunate. Most people remain "brain dead." If I grant that god brought this one boy back but cannot heal all the poor kids of cancer that are at St. Jude then I have to listen to Evangelicals claim once again that "god works in mysterious ways.."
I'm sorry. I can't buy that.

the salsa would have spilled

"There is no other explanation but god there is no other way that I could have come back even the doctor said." (face palm)

I can't imagine why Fox10 didn't interview or reference any medicals professionals that were involved in this case. HIPPA? With the mother's permission I think they could have commented?

SARCASM ALERT: I am sure Fox10 realized the kid with brain damage was much more credible then any medical professional.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75934
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.