Agnostic.com

2 5

Love and loyalty
I was sitting at home this morning after being absent for about an hour and suddenly I was overwhelmed by my Two rescue dogs which we have had for about three months. The amount of excitement they displayed actually made me feel humble. All I do is feed and care for their needs and they respond with all this love and caring.This made me think of other situations that were similar. First up came my immediate family of which I am very lucky to have.A very wonderful wife ,two daughters and son-in laws and four great grandchildren, Another was one that was not so obvious, The united States Marine Corp. I served for six years which changed my life in a positive manner. The saying goes "Once a Marine always a Marine" This has been shown many times over the years as Marines recognized each other with the greeting Semper Fi Always faithful. I have a decal on my car and have received numerous thumbs up and beep of horns as I drive but in addition Marines who I have never known will stop when they see a fellow Marine in trouble. This happen several times when my car had a flat or some other problem. You see we were trained to be a family that would always care for each other in battle or otherwise. I have lived my life obeying this rule and so have many Marines that I have never Known. What a great organization to carry this desire to help and aide other Marines even after their active duty has finished.It was this type of companionship we were taught to expect from the guy next to us in battle. It did not matter what race or religion they were it was only that I could depend on them when in need.That is a loyality and a love of man that I never expected to learn in the USMC.

Marine 8 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I appreciate your sacrifices and your service . My father is also Veteran, a Veteran of WW2

You aspire to be the best you can be and Kudos to that,. Do you think most Marines feel this way.? Maybe more of our elected officials should be Marines-including presidents.

I have had over the last forty years hundreds of Marines greed me with the SEMPER FI and have had at least 5 encounters where Marines seeing my Decal stop to provide aide without having ever met me. I have done the same on several occasions. The whole relationship has been very comforting to think individuals trained to fight and kill have been so kind and helpful.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7599
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.