Agnostic.com

4 3

My Home.

By now, all of the regulars know I live in New Zealand.

I wanted to share, not just a piece of my home, but the piece; to me, the most amazing place on Earth!

You want to know what my 'religion' is? You'll see it in this video.

This is Fiordland.

It makes up 5% of the land mass of New Zealand. A national park that is the size of Yellowstone and Yosemite combined.

It is where I worked last summer; some of these scenes are literally of my 'office'.

It is where I play! I have but scratched the surface; so much more to explore!

It is where I am guaranteed to find peace, love, acceptance, rejuvenation. Where I can face myself, tackle challenges head-on.

It is where I feel both truly exultant, yet also am completely humbled, where I feel mighty; yet infinitesimally small.

I am from Australia, and am connected to the land there.

Yet New Zealand - and Fiordland in particular - is where my soul belongs. Where it is at rest.

I may not have been born here.

But I am truly from here......

Fiordland is also known as Ata Whenua, which is the name of this short film.

It means Shadow Land. It rains 8 METRES a year. Last year, when I worked deep within her, it rained 11 metres.

Life does not cease here. However, time often does.....

Here is the short version, just 4 minutes long.

If you like that, and want to watch the full 28-minute film, you can watch that here:

If some of this scenery looks vaguely familiar, Fiordland has featured in many films, some of them being:

Lord of the Rings & Hobbit trilogies
Wolverine
Jurassic Park: Lost World
Willow
and most recently,
Alient Covenant

So welcome. Please enjoy a slice of my home. 🙂

Kreig 7 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That was cool brother.... I can hardly wait for the virtual reality goggles that will allow us to walk around and turn around...

Just curious..doesn't New Zealand spray toxic poison in their major forests..like a mass wildlife killing?

I just watched the 4 min film and I'm going back to watch the 28 min one.

This....This is what touches me! I was close to tears. Nature in its awe and wonder. I can never get too much. I've never said it on this site before but, nature is my church. Thank you so much for sharing this Kreig.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7616
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.