Agnostic.com

9 1

Love! needs a religion/god?

I love someone but she wants me to believe in a God. that was her condition to love me to prove that i can change. what should i do?

#god
Jakinase 5 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't change. It wouldn't be true .... you have to be yourself!

The choice is entirely yours.

If it were me, I would not hesitate to dump the person with a "Well, it's been nice knowing you but I value truth and honesty over superstitions dishonestly, via virtue of faith (belief without evidence) asserted as facts. Goodbye.

As I require mutual respect for an intimate relationship and I will not respect anyone who values faith over realty or would expect me to lower my standards of truth "demonstrable" to their definition of "Truth" "whatever they choose to believe without evidence." I would waste no more time with the person.

Be warned: Such standards may have their repercussions. I fully anticipate living my life alone as most in these parts are theists. If I were to lower my standards of truth and honesty, I could quickly find a partner but at a cost I am not willing to sacrifice.

?

There shouldnt be a condition like that to love someone. If you need to change to be loved by a person they are not offering real love. Say bye and move on

Say byebye.
Seriously. That's bullshit.

You saved me typing lol

Either you believe in God or you do not. All you can really do is to pretend to believe in God for "love". Are you really contemplating a love relationship based on hypocrisy? Only two things can happen and both of them bad:

1. A love based on pretense, which isn't really love. No telling what it will turn into.
  2. The "love" soon fades. What then would be left of your soul/person now that you have given away your integrity?

yes you’re right sir.

You can go along and pretend, but you'll hate yourself.

JimG Level 8 May 10, 2018

Why should you change? You're incompatible.

exatly maam, that’s why now i’m ignoring her.

@Jakinase Good for you.

Laugh in her face about how absurd her request is. Like, a howling knee slapper, next time she brings it up. I'm not kidding. That "prove yourself to me" can get bent.

hilarious. hahahaha

You can play along for a while to learn whether you really love her or not. Being an atheist is the opposite of being pious, even about atheism itself. The most important thing is your happiness. Have fun!

thank you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:76996
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.