Agnostic.com

9 0

If you went through portal A your body got destroyed and portal B made a perfect clone of you with the same memories and personality would you have truly died?

This is the 1st part of a 2 part question to see the general view of one's self and mortality/immortality.

Selah613 5 Oct 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, this is why I wouldn't never go through a Star Trek-type teleporter, it's really just a death-trap. Only people that believe in the existence of the soul would take that risk.

MarcO Level 5 Oct 6, 2017

I think that the concept of what we truly are comes into play here. For example, if, "I," am the sum of my body, memories, experiences, etc. then, "I," will be exactly replicated and thus have no real death. If you believe your current physical body is innately tied to you as a person, as many religions believe, then this new body would not really be you. I think that with my body, mind, feelings, and memories completely regenerated, including knowledge of my journey through the teleporter, I would not die. "I" would remain the same.

Physically yes your body would have died. The clone would be a replica or replacement. I studied Parapsychology from Flamel college a few years ago. When a person's physical body is alive there is psychokinetic energy that is what is transmitted during telepathic communication, it is similar to sonar frequencies. That is perhaps the part we refer to as our astral body, spirit, or soul. "Departed Souls" or ghosts are made of a substance called electromagnetic energy which can be seen with infrared camera. On your idea of a person dying in Port A and being cloned in Port B, the clone might have an artificial soul that is a duplicate of the original soul, however the original soul would depart from the physical body of the deceased physical body in Port A and may decide to inhibit the body of Port B. The clone may end up becoming a "host" for ghost and therefore it would have two souls, one that is natural from Port A and one that is artificial by being the clone soul. There is also a possibility the soul of the dead in Port A would re-incarnate and be the only soul of the clone in Port B.

I would say that if I have no memory of actually getting from point A to B, the actual travel, just BOOM, I'm here, then technically yes.

Well actually... that's a lot like a Star Trek transporter. If I were the clone I would think I was exactly the same person as the original. To me there's no difference. I would not be dead.

Perhaps I don't understand how much bodily integrity means to you humans. 😉

No

yes it's not the original me

we can't even teleport a molecule yet..

of course but this could be a technical alternative to teleportation

Through portal B, NO . . . but where will portal B take you, back here to the land of the living? If those portals are doorways to other worlds when you die you surely cannot go back to this world if the IRS is after you. You can do that only if nobody knows you died Better just to hitch a ride to another timeline in Dr.Emmett Brown's De Lorean.

If portal B will make a perfect clone of you, for what use will it be?

trrrrrooooooollllllllllll

I wish we could just slice through the air to open a portal and jump where we want to be

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:770
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.