Agnostic.com

5 0

If you were God?

If you had the power over time, matter, consciousness, and space what would you do and why?

#god
Lordoftomatoes 3 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I were God I would make sure that everyone had the pleasure of enjoying the time that they had. Make sure that people still had a conscious. As far as space I think I would try to make space habitable for our human race.

Which god?

Athos Level 5 May 9, 2018

What ever defines as a god. I know i wrote God but thats just out of respect for our own human concept of what God is not yahweh or yeshua as theyre both known. So the question still stands if you had absolute power what would you do and why? Would you be malevolent, benevolent or just neutral

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. There can't be significant suffering if I'm the only thing that exists

True but would you not get lonely i didnt address the stereotypes of a God such as being emotionless. So you might still get lonely.

Like I keep saying, that's already true. We are our own gods, and are contributing to creating our own realities.

Power over time: "For physicists, the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." -Einstein.

Power for creating our own realities: “Consciousness is fundamental and matter is derived from consciousness." – Max Planck, theoretical physicist who originated quantum theory, 1918 Nobel Prize in Physics

But consciousness is only the afterimage of what our sub-conscious has already set in place for us so our reality is sloppy seconds to an infinite universe. Sam harris has a good discussion about human consciousness and free will being but illusions to us.

@Lordoftomatoes Exactly. If you boil it all down, we are all only one photon. All time is "now." All consciousness is one, which most people suddenly realize when they take LSD or magic mushrooms.

I'd clean up this planet, returning it to the healthy ecosystem it once was. Then, I'd remove each and every one of my ''followers'' who believes in violence, terrorism, prejudice, domination of women AND/OR other followers. Then, I'd remove everyone who stands against women's opportunities for equality. I'd cause infertility for anyone who had more than one child. Then, I'd appear in the sky and warn them that anyone who doesn't play well with others will EVAPORATE...at my pleasure.

(Of course, I'd have to find some truly SPLENDID robes to wear for my appearance...earrings of lightning bolts, a starry crown....that sort of thing. One must make an impression, mustn't one?)

Of course presentation is everything isn't it?

@Lordoftomatoes Of COURSE it is! Perhaps a great, glowing HALO? It seems to have worked for Jebus!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:77142
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.