Agnostic.com

8 1

Have you ever been catfished?

Has a partner hooked up online and you found out it was a lying catfish? Recently happened to me (my husband) and my trust in him is near none at this point. We are trying, but he really isn’t understanding how devastated I am. How do you/did you move forward? Thanks.

Cherie44 7 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've run into a lot of bots over the years on sites, but they were honestly all pretty transparently fake. Just last week I encountered one that stole a bunch of pictures from an interior designer's instagram - Kelly Wearstler.

An image search on Google is usually all it takes to root them out. Occasionally, they'll use pics from facebook or something that are harder to track down, but the people setting them up usually aren't that smart.

Sometimes the bots are easy to spot at least. Here's a screenshot I took a couple years back when I was trying to use Match here in Iowa

[imgur.com]

I didn't know what cat fishing was till now...so I hope you are not actually my wife checking up on me...
Since she is a Christian that is not likely.
I am sorry if your husband or partner messed you around like that...he should know better and should stop being a fool...or he will lose you forever.

@Cherie44 ok that can be worse..sex is really just sex a mechanical urge like hunger..but when the mind strays ..thats more disturbing. I'm not saying sex is ok..or anything but I get you. Keep both eyes on him..put him on probation...and maybe he will learn his lesson. If not..its his loss.

Never had, well I dated once a married woman.... she never told me she was and her excuse was... "you didn't asked me my marital status". ???? I don't do married women without approval by husband.

Think only you can answer your question. Maybe worth considering a couple of questions such as:

1. Does he still profess to love you?
  2. What might be "missing" in your relationship?
    Hopefully you are communicating with each other without too much rancour and can arrive comfortably at a point where you agree on "where you go from here". Also suggest consider a good marriage guidence counsellor. Hope this helps ?

It's happened to me. It sucks. You just have to be super careful and do research on the person. Watching a season of the TV show Catfish should be mandatory for anyone who wants to meet people online.

GwenC Level 7 May 9, 2018

Whats a catfish?

Proto Level 6 May 9, 2018

Googled it, yeah no, never

I dumped Shawn when I contracted herpes. Which he lied about.

@irascible Yes. Now I'm destined to be single forever and I'll never have sex again, because I'm honest with people. No one will want me now.

@irascible Oh.

@SeeMeFading Yeah, it sucks.

@SeeMeFading Nope. Just the antiviral I was given for the outbreaks.

I'm to ugly and uninteresting to catfish.

Don’t jump too conclusions.

Then why hasn't it happened yet????

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:77399
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.