Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK “Hard to Believe: Conditions that discredit Victims of Sexual Assault and Sanction Esteemed Offenders”

A discussion of the #MeToo movement ”Women aged fifteen to forty-four are more likely to be victims of rape or domestic violence than to suffer from cancer, car accidents, war or malaria.” Has an interesting view of the state of our present government: ”Psychiatrist Andrzej Lobaczewski studied what he termed pathocracy, institutional and government systems comprised of high-ranking officials presenting with psychopathic traits. Attributing human ignorance and weakness to the propagation of macrosocial immorality.” he goes on to say ”When followers succumb to pathological influences they lose sight of their critical faculties and they lose the ability to distinguish normal human behavior from pathological. … Confirmation bias only considers that which supports what people want to believe” Sound familiar? To me this applies to the adherents of guns and gods.

JackPedigo 9 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Macrosocial immorality. I think there's some of that in our culture, media and art already. 'Pathocracy' is a brilliant and useful term. If it wasn't for social media and the Internet there'd be no #metoo movement. We are witnessing huge changes.

And, hopefully, this is just the beginning!

”When followers succumb to pathological influences they lose sight of their critical faculties and they lose the ability to distinguish normal human behavior from pathological."

...which also results in a shifting of one's own personal morals to fit into that which they align themselves with, or they're more prone to overlook or justify.

Now I'm hearing some of tRumps ilks are calling for torture to be used. They say it worked on McCain so why not use it.

This is a very deep article and probably deserves more than one reading. I worked for about 10 years in the Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault realm. To experience these stories first hand have always held sway over decisions in my life. Our culture continues to breed these problems. Women face the backlash of their sexuality in many ways through media/advertising/etc.... One thing has become clear to me and that is that women must develop a united front and discontinue breaking into groups that are defined by race, culture, sexual orientation. We cannot fight these problems while we are fighting each other

I would say, crucially, that men need to join this united front too.

My late partner and I worked with the local domestic violence awareness program for a couple of years. We do have that and homelessness here on the islands.
It's funny but after reading that article I was watching a series I really like "The Good Wife" (I love intelligent and gutsy women) and the episode was a world famous humanitarian who was found to rape women who he hired to give him massages. It was found this was a common thing he did and no one said anything because they didn't have the forces to go against his lawyers. This was a couple of years ago and things would be different today but it showed how things can go on and on.
Getting a united front with any particular tribe is a real uphill battle and it has not gotten easier. One example, within our group, is the problem African-Americans have with their religious counterparts. Life is complex and messy.

@Ellatynemouth you are correct

In English, please? Are you saying that absolute power corrupts absolutely? Shocker!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:78044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.