Agnostic.com

11 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

America is weird.

Gert Level 7 May 14, 2018

@Crimson67 I know, but I live there 😀

We are a still a backwards society.

Meanwhile the children of Flint Michigan who are actually alive still have lead contaminated drinking water. Makes sense.

I read about these sort of things and shake my head in bemusement.
Fine, if some individuals wish to raise the money for a fine work of art, dedicated to unborn children, go ahead. If the artistry is good I might even praise - but I am puzzled by governments doing it.
If a monument were needed for a public area, why not one for living children - who were born and then died needlessly?

that just doesn't get the Christian vote like The Unborn.

@hankster Which is sad - and UN-Christian.

@Petter agreed ......nevertheless

That sucks... why don't they spend the money on the homeless, or healthcare ..

the Christian vote.

and also a monument to all the children dead from "smart" bombs dropped by American aircraft ??

the only argument I remember having with my Old World Catholic grandmother was about my decision to never have children.IT was like women were transformation chambers for more souls to worship and praise god

We'd be better off as a country if Texas, Tennessee and Alabama were to secede from the union.

I might have a few more to that list, but you're right

@Crimson67 where to go is the question. seems like it's got to be Oregon or Northern California I don't know.

@Crimson67 it is awful nice up there. the Columbia River Gorge is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen.

I was just struck by the irony of how they tried to do that before.

I never have regretted leaving Tennessee a few years ago. It is also one of the few states that still has the law on the books-Atheists cannot run for Public Office. No, I'm not kidding. I think that Maryland is another one that still has this law.

Wish they were as concerned with children who were here as they are with parasitic cells.

embarrassing.

Indeed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:78075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.