Agnostic.com

18 2

Can you be an agnostic or atheist and still believe in angels, demons, ghosts and life after death?

Walrus 4 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Personally I think an atheist needs proof before believing anything. For them to decide a god is not real for the lack of any evidence and yet believe a ghost or demon or angel exists seems contradictory as it should also require the same proof

There is so much stuff going on out there that has nothing to do with the human mind, They say there are more galaxies out there than there are grains of sand on the whole earth....so go figure!!! We are just little fleas on a big dog. The dog could really give 2 shits what we think. After you've "seen them".....then your life changes. I have met plenty of atheists who had an NDE .....and they changed quickly. VERY QUICKLY!!!! I had mine in 1994. Everything I believed or thought up to that point in my life....WENT OUT THE WINDOW!! YOYO BABY>>>>>> you are on your own, good luck when you die. You are in for a big surprise.

Angels have nothing to do with what you believe. Angels are biological entities, higher forms of life. All there is to it. They are supervising the creation. They are nondenominational too. This life is temporary and we will pass on, and the Angels (our ancestors) will be there to help up cross over. Our consciousness is attached to our bodies in this dimension, the light frequency we see is limited. You can call them light workers, space aliens, grays.....points of light....call them what you will, they really don't care. Sooner or later, you will do what they tell you to do. There is life after death too, and it has nothing to do with what you believe. It's a thing of physics. We are beings of light.

I would think you need to use the same reasoning on those things as on a belief in god. There is no evidence.

gearl Level 8 Dec 12, 2017

I can’t… But I tell ya.. it’s been shockingly disgusting how many self proclaimed ‘non religious’ people I’ve met that are as quick as any religionist to describe their belief in some supernatural BS…

Varn Level 8 Dec 11, 2017

My answer wasn’t an answer to your answer, just my answer ~

Have you heard of the 'Brights'? They have a naturalistic world view. Those with a supernatural world view are 'Supers'. Angels, ghosts, demons are part of a supernatural view. Non-theists are in the natural world view.

Nope! Now life after death! Who knows.

Not in my case, but there are all kinds of things that we don’t know. I seriously doubt that angels/devils exist, but their existence is far more plausible than god.

Why? How can angels and demons or unicorns an leprechauns be any more plausible than god.

The nature of demons is finite. The nature of god is infinite. Something finite is a possibility within our frame of experience. The infinite is neither knowable nor conceivable.

As long as they don't believe in a god they'll still be an atheist and they can believe whatever else they want.

Of course it's possible, but it is also unlikely that one would reject one faith based idea while keeping others. I have known a couple who did, but they faced much the same cognitive dissonance as any other believer in anything not of this world.

The issue as I see it is belief. Belief is delusion on purpose

Technically, yes, because atheism and agnosticism deal only with the existence of God or gods. However, it seems unlikely many would actively believe in other faith-based entities while rejecting one in particular. Still, in regard to life after death, I think there's a desire in many atheists and agnostics to believe despite the lack of evidence, and that concept seems to get more play than it deserves.

Suspension of disbelief. ????

indeed

You can't, so simple and so clear. Atheist minds reject such kind of imaginations due to lack of evidences and make no senses.

Hard to see how. You mean you could have all those weird things and just leave out God? Don't see the point.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7809
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.