Agnostic.com

18 2

"Late in Life" Relationships

How optimistic are you in finding a solid, satisfying relationship at this stage in life? What motivates you to seek relationships?

Liberal50 5 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While not opposed I'm not seeking.
If the right person comes along, so be it.

Am 85, lost my wife 12 years ago after 53 years of marriage. From about 20 years old have had a female friend, and over the years of my marriage she and i shared time together, now we visit every weekend, do lunch, maybe a movie...and it ALMOST enough, but the memories keep bumping into the realities of today....but we do have something we will share forever...

I'm not very optimistic about it. I'm in my late 40's and it just seems majority of men do not want a committed relationship. So, I will keep looking but remain single until the real Mr. Right decides to stop riding around on his navigationally challenged turtle.

I am not sure I want to do it again, to be honest. Pretty sure that being betrayed 17 years into a marriage is going to affect my ability to ever trust again.

Deb57 Level 8 May 14, 2018

I am cautiously optimistic.

There's a lot of single women in the world. At least some of them have got to be near my age, and smart enough to look beyond appearances.

I do wish women in general would get beyond the Cinderella story. Looking for a prince with an enchanted castle may be just the ticket if you are looking to start a family, but at my age....let's be a bit more realistic, shall we? I don't want mind-blowing sex every night, I don't need someone who matches my every like and dislike, or is hoping I will fix everything that's wrong with their life.

I just want a shared space to be, because life is more fun when you have company.

[agnostic.com]

I just want to find someone who likes the little things. I don't feel that age has anything to do with a relationship.

Completely optimistic. You're never too old to start something new. I'm looking to hang out with like-minded folks my age. This group exists, so I know they are out there. If nothing happens I'm fine with that too, at least I tried.

Not very. I'm finding the current pool of eligible men my age is, shall I say, pretty depressing.

Not very optimistic...

Always possible, as long as you're breathing ! Haven't you ever heard of couples that met in nursing homes, and ended up marrying ?

But you need to believe it's possible yourself ...

Just met someone myself, at the gym, a couple months ago. Out of the blue ...

My thinking that I’ll be single forever has a lot more to do with my personality than the fact that I’m nearly 52.

I’m not currently seeking a relationship, and don’t know that I would ever actively seek one.

@Liberal50 I had not heard of that restaurant. Just Yelped it -- yup, it's still there, but in Mandeville. I'll have to give it a shot! 🙂

Cheers!

None what so ever.

More positive than I've been in the last 30 years. I used to believe that a relationship was out of the cards for me, that I didn't deserve to be in one and I had nothing to give. Not anymore.

The caring and the sharing -- the adding of quality to each other's flives.

I'm 66 and found my permanent partner 5 years ago. I'm good, thanks.

N7EIE Level 6 May 11, 2018

You've got to be happy with yourself and where you are in life before you can ever expect someone else to be happy with you. That's a mantra to live by no matter what your age is......

Yeah.... I'm completely optimistic on that aspect of aging.

Not optimistic at all. Loneliness.

Come on. Let's be optimistic a little. And do something to not feel lonely. How about you start sending some sweet loving notes to the ladies here? Hope someone will get back to you and make you feel not lonely eventually. Trying to cheer you up. I guess you lived way more years than me, with all those experiences, especially with the good ones, do some magic. I experienced loneliness but I don't want to compare. But I know you can find someone awesome for you. Wishes. Summer time.. let's go hiking and meet. ; )

@AnandaKhan It was mostly sarcasm. I can't get into my messages. The site can't seem to fix it. Therefore l can't communicate with people on this site. Thanks for the reply. ?

Not in the least optimistic. I am happy to have as many new friends as I come across, but a relationship implies more, and I have decided that from now on I want to be responsible only for my own happiness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:78697
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.