Agnostic.com

11 5

its ironic that this is an atheist/agnostic site but most of the posts seem to be about religion?

jwm03h 6 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You ended this with a question mark but worded it as a statement. Confusing. Anyways the fact that it's an atheist/agnostic site implies that religion has had some, whether minor or major, effect on the lives of everyone here. It's what most all of us have in common so it makes sense the topic would be discussed.

So start a thread with a different topic

GwenC Level 7 Dec 12, 2017

I think you make a good point; we should not be defined by what we are not (believers in faith), but by what we are (critical thinkers etc.). I like it 🙂

Athiest don't believe in god,agnostics are unsure about god.Both are defined by their link to god.,,so not really a surprsie there is alot of talk about god,

If you define yourself by your beliefs about god then you are sure to be discussing it quite a bit. Atheist and agnostics love talking about god.

Actually I find that varies. Religion had a manor effect on my life and continues to have one to this day as it has drastically affected my relationships with friends and family. Today I speak out heavily against religion for that reason and others.

That said however I've found many people who identify as atheist or agnostic don't care to have discuss God. Mainly because they have no interest in it. They simply hold a lack of knowledge and or belief in God and that's enough for them.

As an Atheist , I"m fascinated by religion. I could talk about it all day.
That reminds me. Since my prostate operation , concerning sex. All I can do is talk about that also.

Not ironic to me. Lack of religion or belief in God is the ONE thing we have in common.

Religion is ubiquitous.

well, I do say that a lot of atheists are obsessed with bitching about religion which makes them a bit obsessed. then again the site is called agnostic.com

It is nice to discuss the flaws of religion as I have experienced them with others who have had similar experiences. It is nice that others have recognized and made decisions of like kind because of common experiences.It provides some relief to know that your decision was not unique.

I love it when someone here mentions something I've read or a video I've seen.

I don't get much of that on FB because of the trolls busting into atheist pages.

It is just nice to know that others have experienced the same problems for the same reasons and to see haw they dealt with these problems>

I think I would like to see an official breakdown of all posts first before I were to agree or disagree. I suspect it's probably about half and half, but I'm not really in the mood to categorize every post to get a mathematical percentage.

That being said, even if we were to talk about politics... the greatest threat to the U.S. politically? Evangelicals. Alabama is set to elect a pedophile to the Senate today.

Religion is like yeast in bread... it's everywhere and there's no getting around it.

So what WOULD you like to talk about?

I don't think so. It's what we are all surrounded with on a daily basis.

Air doesn't vote against our interests, or try to teach our children air propaganda either.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7907
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.