Agnostic.com

4 2

QUESTION This Scientist Wants to Bring ‘Star Trek’ Values to Congress

She says that as a vulcanologist, Star Trek references are a fact of life, since pretty much everyone she meets makes a joke about her studying Vulcans. Her standard response is to give the Vulcan salute and say “live long and prosper.”

“Its convenient because it’s something I actually believe in,” she says. “I do want people to live long and prosper, so I’d say it’s a pretty universally OK message.”

Listen to the complete interview with Jess Phoenix in Episode 284 of Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy (above). And check out some highlights from the discussion below.

zblaze 7 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd much prefer a Star Trek Future to that of Star Wars, or Star Gate.

Star Trek is the one science fiction chow where society evolves in a positive way instead of simply moving current societal problems, as is, into the future

And we need to start making politicians sign the Prime Directive!

What about her religious beliefs?

Already in progress. Instalation of Farengi values by Republicans is nearly complete. The POTUS even looks like a Farengi.

hahahaha Such an insult to the Ferengi! 😛

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7935
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.