Agnostic.com

5 2

Public debaters refusing to debate?

Why do groups of people like the #JehovahsWitnesses or the #SSP put themselves at the mercy of the public and any possible debate by putting their ideas across out on the streets and then when somebody comes to challenge them, they’re just “too busy”?

SergeyCornwall 4 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They're just after the low hanging fruit of the gullible and deluded. They don't want any of those critical thinkers or challenging types - no siree.

Maybe they aren't really looking to debate at all, maybe they are just recruiting new members and hoping to pick some low hanging fruit? Religious types deal in distorted perceptions of reality so it would be typical for them to appear to be doing one thing when in fact they are doing something else entirely. Like missionaries saving souls but really committing genocide and stealing resources.

Because they are phony creeps.

When your argument can't be fact based, what is your argument?

Ok the SSP guys were getting a petition signed for a £10/h living wage.

My point was that you can raise minimum wage all you want, if retailers and businesses raise their prices by more than the percentage increase in the minimum wage, nothing will change. I work for a chain of shops where this is exactly what has been happening every time there’s been an increase in the minimum wage. FACT. Moreover, supervisors get 20p/h more than the minimum and it has been so with every increase. So in real percentage terms we lose out with every gradual implementation of the new U.K. living wage.

Usually, halfway into my speech, they lose interest and get stuck in their idea that £10/h is the cure to all evils.

@SergeyCornwall Gotcha. ?

Seems self evident.

Explain?

They have no sound reasoning and know it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80129
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.