Agnostic.com

11 0

If you are going to date a Christian, are you normally better of with a nondenominational date, Lutheran, Catholic, or some other popular faith?

(I know the answer is skip the Christians altogether!)

JohnGlass 6 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I dated a wiccan. That was wild hearing her travels and beliefs. I never asked a lady their denomination in christian beliefs. It was just a date. Nothing to get serious about. My wife is christian. I was an on the fence kind of guy at that time. Shes a little startled that im agnostic now. I had to explain why to her. She says nothing about it and I just go with the flow for her.

I've only ever had the opportunity to date Christians. Just find one who doesn't care that your atheist/agnostic. The acceptance of that on its own should tell you that this person is worth your time. I've been with my Christian fiance for 8 years now. He's known I'm an atheist since before we got together. He doesn't care.

I imagine that most of the women I dated were Christians. The denomination didn't matter, just as long as they weren't devout. There are a lot of people out there that will claim to be Christian if asked, but it has no bearing on how they live their life. My lady of 27 years is a sometimes Baptist, sometimes Catholic, but it really has no influence on her daily life. On rare occasions she will ask me about something of a religious nature that is bothering her. I give her my opinion and she seems comforted by my answer.

I won't and don't

Being newly single after ~15 years, I've thought a lot about this lately. For now, I intend to avoid anyone who identifies as being religious if it's something I can determine ahead of time such as online dating. If I happen to just meet someone in real life first, I don't intend to hide who I am. I could maybe tolerate them being religious so long as it is just a label for them and they don't actually participate in anything related to it.

I was single for 15 years after my divorce, and I dated a several of women who were religious during that time. Catholics were the most sane of them all. Your mileage may vary.

Yes you answered your own question. Mild , token Christians who rarely practise their faith unless challenged. Challenging a religious persons faith with facts is not as satisfying as it used to be.Modern Christians are benign. It's Islam that has potential to plunge the world into another dark age . Blind radicals, brainwashed worse than the cringeworthy SJW snowflakes of today. Frustrating 3 rd wavers siding with an ideology that is plainly incompatible with any Feminist theory. Just shows how stupid and self defeating modern western feminists are. To humanity's desire for peace and freedom. Now a beacon of cis white men. Despised and oppressed ,hated by every loser who looks for the destruction of the free world. The Linda Sasour,s and oppressive anti free speech advocates of this world will weaken , try to destroy the principles and freedoms fought against real nazis by heros of world wars. Who Must be literally turning in there premature graves. . Shame commie leftists, shame.

I guess if I were to date a Christian I'd probably get along best with a nondenominational Christian. They don't tend to be fundamentalists and usually are the most liberal.

I'm about to date someone who grew up Catholic, was raised in a Catholic school, and still attends a Catholic church. I'm hoping that she is just doing this out of habit, and it doesn't mean anything to her, but we'll see.

I think someone who makes a conscious decision to attend a nondenominational mega-church where they chant a mantra like "God is good" over an over to electric guitar music will likely be much worse.

BD66 Level 8 Dec 13, 2017

Just let her be sane.

As religiously liberal as possible, which isn't necessarily non-denominational. There are some extremely liberal Catholics, Presbyterians, Episcopalians… but also a lot of conservatives in those denominations, so no guarantees. And, of course, avoid the fire-and-brimstone denominations, like Southern Baptist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8036
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.