Agnostic.com

16 22

Did you know that within 5 years you may witness one in a lifetime event?

Within five years we should be able to witness two stars merging together and it will be see with the naked eye. This is an historic event and the scientists have just recently discovered these two stars moving together.This dual star event started billions of years ago and we are seeing the final event which will create a new blue star.

Marine 8 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cool!

Should I look directly at it?

Yes

I remember a few years back that they were broadcasting a Meteor Shower at a certain time and date. So after much anticipation did I arise at 3 am to go and view what just looked like another night. I have been with a few astrologist and physicist to really get into a fascinating world that they can relate about. They always have the correct scopes and where and what your looking at. I'm sure we will all be going to Google or Yahoo to get the pictures and a better understanding of whats happening. At least I will.

They were orginally a dual star system with the larger star having more gravity and pulling the other in. It is a common occurance we just do not get to see them,

Umm... Astrologist "read" the stars, astronomers look at them.
Just one of my pet peeves, nothing personal.

This is in the Cygnus star constellation I think by 2022 when it's estimated to be visible. It will also burn 100000x brighter than what it is now. It is a binary star system one is larger than the other, and the gravitational pull from the larger is causeing the smaller star to collide into it. Definitely a once in a lifetime event for some people we will be lucky to witness it.

Yes

I wonder how long it will be visible? Not the after-effects but the initial flash/flare (?) of the merging.

Since it already happen years ago and we are just getting to see it I would imagine it will be around for a while and appear red.

Will radiation follow this event? Hope not...

Be great to see it.

Since this is expected to be visible in 2022 and the stars are 1843 light years away, it actually happened 1839 years ago, in the year 179. It really is a historic event!

Wasn't able to see it then.

@Marine me, either. It was too cloudy that night 😟

Which stars? I hope it’s not the one we orbit!

We do not know what happened to our second star but they continue to look for it and believe it was pulled away by a larger star billions of years ago.

@Marine or it never had a twin

@indirect76 They are pretty sure it did as most stars are binary and many single stars show that at one time there was a second star.or a black hole.

@Marine I din’t think that’s good reason to think our sun ever had a twin.

I wasn't aware of that, thank you for sharing.

I'm in.

Yep. Looking forward to it. Hope I live that long.

[futurism.com]

Very cool!

cool.....very cool.

Now that would be awesome!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80629
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.