Agnostic.com

10 9

LINK Sadistic Religious Fanatic: Mother Teresa Was No Saint

I read her book a few years ago, yawn. And other articles I've read have confirmed she was not a nice person. I hope she never gets her sainthood.

HippieChick58 9 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She denied food and medicine to many unless they saw her way.

An evil old bat who believed suffering and poverty were gifts from god given to humble the arrogant soul of mankind.
To this end she cause unimaginable unnecessary suffering, while scooting about the world cosying up to fiends and dictators trying to buy their way in to heaven.
God riddance to the wrinkled old witch.

"Mother Teresa, now there's a woman who could do with a damn good ironing"
Jasper Carrot

One Opinion.

Coldo Level 8 May 14, 2018

She was twisted.

The least said about her, the better ?

Hitchens considered her a monster. This is a short clip there are other longer ones.

Too late I think they sainted her.

Are you saying I'm out of touch? Yeah probably.

As a matter of fact, I googled it, 2016 she was canonized.

Among many other things having to do with the Catholic religion, try to make sense of the criteria for sainthood. Several years ago, St. Christopher was stripped of his sainthood because he may have been a mythical person, yet St. Michael, an archangel is real enough to remain a saint.

An excellent example of the catholic ploy to gain converts by "christianization" of revered figures is St. Brigid of Kildare, conveniently named after a Celtic goddess and whose "feast day" just happens to fall on Feb. 1, the same date as the pagan festival called imbolc.

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people.”

– Mother Teresa

If that is a true and accurate statement from her, I absolutely agree that, yes, she was an immoral person.

Hmmm..... when i first joined over a year ago. A question of her came up. I remembered people talking positive things about her. SO....... without looking her up on google....i said some positive things about her. Hmmm.... i got my ass handed to me. Serves me right too. Know what your talking about before you say something in here.

@BucketlistBob I know, right? I'm sure I said something laudatory about Kevin Spacey once.

@Condor5. Lol. Yep my friends in here set me straight. Heck... i even use to liked Spacey too. Whew.... hes on his own... you make a bed you got to sleep in it...lol.

You're right she was a monster. Her being canonized however, would just underscore the fact that the process is based on politics and money not piety.

JimG Level 8 May 13, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80697
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.