Agnostic.com

5 0

Can atheist have a place where they can meet up and talk?

Stoics 4 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can start a group if there isn't one already on this site for athletes.

The last formal place I knew for that had been started as a non-profit group basically funded by a wonderful man who’d been the ‘Dial an Atheist’ guy for years in my hometown of Portland, OR. I’d moved too far from the city to easily attend most functions … and this was in the days where women atheists were not to be found - Though ‘Jerry’s Daughter’ broke the mold, suing the Boy Scouts for discriminating against her atheist son! She eventually became our Prez … a dozen guys lead by one fantastic woman..

It, United States Atheists, has not been active for years ... and that was only ‘one town’ of many. I find most of my ‘like thinkers’ amid the local Democrats, attend their meetings and hangouts.. Of course there are still religious apologists … but just enough of us not’s to grin big, and laugh later… Our people are scattered, but it’s like finding gold when we meet 😉

Varn Level 8 May 14, 2018

It's been tried in my town and it didn't seem to catch on, apparently after everyone agreed that the very idea of god(s) was a crock of shit, the conversation faded. This would make a great sign for you to use if you decide to set up such a space.

Yes

Start a group in Arkansas.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80747
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.