Agnostic.com

13 2

Have you had any luck online dating?

I'm just wondering, since people are more complex than just being godless, have you had any luck dating using a site like this? Is it helpful to start off with at least one thing in common?

Kbdank71 7 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nope

I haven't had a single date with someone I met on a dating site since something like 2006. Dating sites are too focused on looks and "prove you're interesting in 100 words or less" for me so I always come across as boring or weird. Either is a "cardinal sin"when it comes to online dating

(I mean, to be fair, I probably am weird...I just see it as having a different perspective and a broader sense of humor than most people)

Sounds like mixed results based on the responses I've read here. My question to you all;
on-line dating? not use your network of friends, co-workers, family, clubs, etc to look for someone face to face? It seems to me like you're handicapping yourselves using a remote interaction medium like this site.

The first thing to give this a chance is to find people within you area and that is mysteriously difficult for whatever reason......

Define luck, lol. I haven't on this site but there aren't a lot of single men in my area.

I'm on a couple other dating sites and have had a decent amount of dates. Just 2 second dates and ended up having to block one.

I met my ex when I was 20 and I didn't do a whole lot of dating prior to him so I am really enjoying meeting new people. Part of me wants to find one guy to date.....but another part of me is enjoying just dating too.

Enjoy yourself, nothing wrong with that ?

@IamNobody it's been a lot of fun. It has also helped my self confidence...perhaps I am a worthwhile person.

@Marcie1974 you definitely are !! Sorry but I have to tell you that you definitely want to stop saying perhaps you are worthwhile. Of course you are and if someone else can't see it then that's on them... Cheers !!!!

@IamNobody I've never really had very good self esteem.

@Marcie1974 its never too late to start turning around !!!!!

@IamNobody I'm working on it! Also trying to be more assertive and stand up for myself.

@Marcie1974 well you go girl !!!

@IamNobody don't tell me what to do!

(See what I did there?)

@IamNobody it was a joke. Oh god don't be mad at me.

This is how my brain works. Until you respond with an lol or something I'll worry that I offended you.

@Marcie1974 oh no no nooooo.... I was running errands.....I would've responded with something even funnier. No need to apologise, I.am a big boy ?????? It's all good. At times I have been ticked off in this forum but not today !! Your credit is good !! No worries !!!!!

@IamNobody thank you! Lol

Nope..

I'm not trying very hard, just letting whatever happens, happen.

i have. here. met a wonderful woman.

I've tried several online dating sites, and personally, my experience is I have beter luck going out and meeting people at random in person.

This site is still less than a year old and the member database is still growing. I think when it has grown large enough successes will be mroe common on this site simply because most of the people here are free thinkers, which weeds out a lot of undesireable people.

"...if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all....:...hahaha..... but actually I have had decent experiences in the past using dating sites.

This is the first site I have ever been on that has claimed to be a dating site. I've had some conversations that could be considered encouraging. After 18 years with the same man, I have only been single again for a few months, and haven't been all that interested in dating. Prior to that, I never had any difficulty getting dates without using the internet.

Deb57 Level 8 May 14, 2018

My last wife, I met 17 years ago on Matchmaker.com, now it's called Match.com...I too have been single just a few moths. Stay positive, filled with love and light and someone special will find me, just as I find them and it will be glorious!

I have not had any luck on this site yet. Still new. Other sites such as Match have proven to be dateless.

Believe in yourself keep giving unconditional love I am just enjoying the journey with so many new friends i made on this blog as they say you can only try and be authentic and honest

Rosh Level 7 May 14, 2018

well written my friend....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80944
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.