Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Exploring what an interruption is in conversation | Stanford News

Our personal ethics, or lack of them, play a big part in our perceptions and interactions, and thusly who we show even the most common and mundane level of respect to.

DuchessNyx 6 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Or "Sorry Did My Conversation Get In The Way Of Your Interruption"

Coldo Level 8 May 14, 2018

The gender bias discussed at length in the article is interesting. I would like to think I am non-biased in this way and I believe, most of the time, I'm good about that. That is; I don't subconsciously interject when a woman is speaking and am a courteous and considerate conversationalist. Of course, if it was a subconscious act, would I even realize I was doing it? IDK.

I'd add to the article discussion that there could also be a certain amount of machismo involved where men are concerned and if they are the interrupter, this might be the driver. Men who consider female interrupters rude and less intelligent is just plain wrong. =\

@DuchessNyx Right!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:81190
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.