Agnostic.com

9 8

LINK Pastor Who Said Jews Are Going to Hell Led Prayer at Jerusalem Embassy Opening

In today's edition of "religious irony" here is this. I'm just dumbfounded that THIS guy is one that gets chosen....or maybe not. My ability to be flabbergasted has been worn out by Spanky & his gang. #clueless

BookDeath 8 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jesus was a Jew.

it makes perfect sense since pence chose him. assholes choose assholes.

g

Fleshed out.

Well of course, this is the playing out of death cult prophecy.

At a certain level, stating that Jews are going to hell is just a provocative sound bite to someone who believes anyone who believes differently than his tribe is going to hell. No exceptions even for Jews. At least you know he openly holds a consistent point of view in that regard. So as a former fundagelical this does not surprise me that he says this.

What IS surprising is the unique willingness of this administration to give such throat-choking gobbets of regressive thinking legitimacy and a sanctioned voice in a politically sensitive situation. It is clearly nothing more than pandering to the major demographic that enables Trumpism -- evangelical fundamentalists. Unfortunately that group is literally rooting for Armageddon -- they WANT to see the world burn because it would fulfill their "prophecies" and bring the End of Days that would finally vindicate them as a group and lift them all out of this Veil of Tears to finally enjoy their just rewards in glory. So anything that makes the Middle East look like their interpretation of The Revelation is welcome news to them.

Christian fundamentalists are persecution whores, and the flip side of that is that they look forward to their patient "suffering" being rewarded with the gratifying agonies of their former "persecutors" (that is, those who simply do not agree with them and their holy book).

I so hate hypocrisy

No one should be surprised at how our idiot leader handles foreign affairs. He probably thinks foreign affairs means sleeping with Russians.

Yeah, I wouldn't be so dumbfounded. The worst of the worst were chosen to speak AND on the Palestinian side, they also got what they wanted: a massive crowd of unarmed civilians to charge the Israel border BECAUSE they knew the Israelis would defend the border. More PR when Israelis kill unarmed Palestinian civilians.

BOTH sides playing deadly politics. And BOTH sides supported by a whole host of outside interests. Leave these countries on their own and they would have worked this out a long time ago.

@BookDeath I disagree with you. IN a total kind of way.

As long as people take religion seriously there will never be real peace over there, it's the holy land of more than 3 major religions.

@ClaytonE83 this one's not about religion. it's a land war. it always has been.

g

@genessa because it's the holy land of their religions...

@ClaytonE83 that is, and always has been, secondary. primarily it is a land grab.

g

@genessa lots of other land on Earth, if it wasn't about a holy land the Jews could've settled in Montana or somewhere else, lol still a suggestion I would have for them if they felt like de-escalation and not fighting over it indefinitely. It would depend on who you ask whether it's primary or secondary... Zionists and most strongly religious people would probably say primary; Christians let the Jews have it because it serves to fulfill biblical prophecy so Jesus will return and they can get raptured...

@ClaytonE83 oh please -- the jews couldn't even come from germany through cuba to florida. we turned them away. montana? no way! the british OFFERED palestine to the jews. whether they were right or wrong to do so isn't the point; the point is that the jews had nowhere else to go (and the zionists among them WERE considering other locations; an invitation like that, under the circumstances, is hard to refuse!)

g

@genessa I was being somewhat facetious about Montana, I was just thinking of a large area of mostly open land back then that the U.S. could've offered instead of funding their controversial country.

@ClaytonE83 i know. but history says we wouldn't do it since we refused entry even to jews who didn't want their own country, just a place to live that wasn't murdering them. we sent them back to their deaths. britain offered land. as i say, rightly or wrongly, it administered that land and had the power to do so. the choice was accepting the invitation or dying. the jews didn't just barge in and oust the palestinians. by the way, the british mandated a land for the palestinians as well -- jordan, then trans jordan. meanwhile the jews invited the palestinians in their new land to stay; they were not ousted by anyone, jews or otherwise. the neighboring arab countries told the palestinians to leave or be murdered, that the jews would murder them. believing this, the palestinians fled to jordan AND JORDAN REJECTED THEM, even though that land had been mandated for them! love what the brits did, hate what they did, whatever, the jews did not oust the palestinians. those who stayed were not, in fact, murdered or harmed. arabs sit on the knesset. yes, the situation is now bad and israel is behaving badly, to put it mildly. that's one thing. their having formed the nation to begin with is a separate issue. people confuse the two. the palestinian people themselves probably think the jews ousted them from their homes in what is now israel. why would their leaders tell them the truth? they have nothing to gain from doing so.

g

Nice one g. So well explained.

He was chosen as a sop to Trump's base amongst evangelical Christians - indeed, the whole notion of moving the US embassy to Jerusalem, and so declaring all of the city as the exclusive capital of Israel, is a kow-tow to evangelical fundamentalists. The courts are being packed with True Believers for the very same reason.

??

@BookDeath Not a worry - and great Pence joke 🙂 Yep, he's a real worry, a stone-cold believer - didn't he try to change state blaw so that the mother who'd just undergone an aborion would have to attend a funeral and burial service for the fetus?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:81243
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.