Agnostic.com

14 8

One Year of You..

If one year of your life was going to be made into a book, which year would that be, what might I learn about you, and what would the title be?

AMGT 8 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1. These are not connected necessarily: Left a job, fell in love, spent 6 months in the States and had a fantastic time.

You would learn that I'm adventurous, fun to hang out with and a twat when it comes to women.

Film Title: There and back again (Thx Bilbo)

Titled 'everything I need to know I learned in reform school'
It's basically true. Almost everything learned since has a tether to something learned that time.
You'd likely learn self reliance, self control, when to use what urge or ability and how, and how to 'read' people

1. Five Cents Change. As in, turn on a dime and give you five cents change. Destruction and rehabilitation, ending in a new beginning.

The year after I was told my back would never heal from a car wreck. 2 days later I started yoga. Within 4 months I was landscaping full time, and 2 months after that, I fired my doctors. The title would be 'Fuck you! I'll be fine'

77 .... journey back in time

@AMGT i went to afghanistan and pakistan and went 200 years back in time

Glorious Beginning Title it is the story of my wonderful marriage and great children and grandchildren.

That's a tough one, especially since I already have a book about one of the most important years of my life. Maybe, though, another one about the year I graduated High School, had a kid, went to work in a factory, and attempted suicide. Could call it, "Gettin' Smacked Upside the Head by the Real World."

@AMGT Yeah. That was a long time ago.

Every year has been special to me, for one reason or another...

Simple for me... I will give you my HS senior year, class of 72... "The Prince of Santurce". Or the sequel.... Summer 94-95 in Crete, Greece "The Adventures of Nighthawk and Creeper".

Very good question. I'm finding it difficult to choose a year. However, I'll settle with the year I became a mother to my daughter and then a few days after informing my mom, she died. That was a difficult and emotionally charged, -sad but brilliantly beautiful year. I would probably name it- 8 is Purple. (This references my synesthesia and represents the color of maternal, mature, but female backstory to the number 8 ). What about you my dear?

@AMGT A best seller for sure. I would feel honored to read anything you’ve written. You have an intense yet sensitive quality, appear intuitive yet fact based, observant, intelligent, and write posts/comments in such a manner as to make the reader (or at least me) want to actually know you, because it feels familiar. Comfortable. Like family. Huge thank you to you. ?

@AMGT A best seller for sure. I would feel honored to read anything you’ve written. You have an intense yet sensitive quality, appear intuitive yet fact based, observant, intelligent, and write posts/comments in such a manner as to make the reader (or at least me) want to actually know you, because it feels familiar. Comfortable. Like family. Huge thank you to you. ?

Name of book: So they called you stupid!
1971.... i joined the military. Best thing i could of done for myself....Why? If i hadnt joined i would of been drafted and put in infantry and got killed. I got my draft notice while i was in Thailand after i toured Vietnam. I was also trained as a welder which got me a industry job. Its just a chain reaction of opportunities after that. I was going no where as a grease monkey and fixing tires and pumping gas.

From a welder to a level 2 rotating equipment tech. Not bad for making that 1971 choice.

@TheAstroChuck brother i don't remember. I joined when i turned 18 so i wouldnt have to worry about all that.

@TheAstroChuck, @AMGT. Awww shucks...thank you.

One year would be boring for my story...

must ponder.

@AmiSue I'm thinking we're all going to have to wait. I'm 53 now and I'm thinking 57 or 59 will be a better year for telling stories... just not sure yet.

@AmiSue that's my sense of it. feels like...

The Road Not Taken
BY ROBERT FROST
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

.... been feeling this a lot lately..

@AmiSue it's kind of an old standard but no less moving for me.

It would be full of blank pages.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:81667
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.