Agnostic.com

2 0

Pink floyd wish you were here cover art

I recently bought the wish you were here album and after learning more about the band I was wandering if the cover art had a deeper meaning behind it as it is almost in a surrealist style

Pj-fan97 3 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Keep in mind that this was the time when Syd Barrett was losing his mind, and the band members blamed much of his issues on the stresses of trying to adhere to the bands vision while at the same time pleasing their record label.

The cover portrays a subsurvient man (he is bowing) on fire, shaking hands with a man in a suit. Presumably, the man on fire represents Syd Barrett and the dominant figure represents the record company.

Just my take. Roger Waters and David Gilmour reveal very little when it comes to the meaning behind the bands work.

I thought it might be something like that. I guess everyone has a slightly different interpretation

I'm not sure what to say about that specific image. I just know that I consider Pink Floyd one of the best bands ever. I hope someone else can answer your question. Peace and love my friend.

Second to pearl jam, I too consider them one of the greatest. Peace and love. ????????

I love Pearl Jam. The album Ten saved my sanity during my first real breakup.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8192
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.