Agnostic.com

6 1

Childhood sports

I ran across a box of old trophies from my childhood. the same trophies we all have, but I remembered how working for those meaningless statues made me a better person growing up. and I wonder what todays kids are doing besides playing on their phones and getting trophies for just showing up somewhere.

michaelj 7 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What box of trophies? I was utter shit at sports at school. Things improved when I got older and I stopped being a lazy sod so my box of trophies is from being an adult and having discovered (American) football 🙂

I was on my HS varsity tennis and track teams. I love individual sports that take a lot of hand-eye coordination and racquet ball is my favorite. Watching sports, though, is boring. A lot of parents are behind their kids playing sports and it is sometimes more about them then the kids.

I never cared for sports, I was never good at them back then being a chubby geek and all... Still don't care for them but if I play it's full tilt full time.

Uhm, sports is still pretty big in schools.

Kids play sports today. They have competitions and chair tests as well as many more complicated things to learn in school than I did at least.

MsAl Level 8 May 15, 2018

Hated them all, the worst part of childhood.
I run now & have a big bag of finisher metals, go figure...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:81946
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.